You are viewing selected threads from MPC's private subforums. To access more, register with MPC for full access. To access less, continue supporting Google, PayPal, and GoDaddy, the official corporate censors of the Internet.

* * * * * 18 votes

Small-Souled Bugman: Morphology and Evolution
small-souled-bugmen.info

• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

#861 PMG: Very Stable Genius

PMG: Very Stable Genius

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Countenance Blog
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

View PostHarry Dexter Whyte, on 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Here we see the true face of the reddit foodie - the bugman - revealed. I mean, it is quite obvious that these people are bugmen. They humble brag about the craft beers they are drinking by very conspicuously including them in their food pictures, they shower praise on "cool" corporations whose branding has been specifically designed to dupe them, and they are autistically obsessed over things like the correct steak temperature and the makeup of sandwiches (a painfully inauthentic attempt at authenticity). But all of these are surface level bugman traits. What makes the bugman so insidious, so repulsive, is his underlying character. And in this last thread on automation we see that revealed.

The bugman does not understand, much less appreciate, social interaction. The bugman finds humans to be inefficient, but machines will never get his order wrong. The bugman considers what is best for the markets, without regard for his own community (to be fair, he doesn't have one). Underneath his carefully groomed beard, expensive clothes, and layer of fat grown on IPA's and homemade "'zas", the bugman is a broken person. Lacking - due to his complete immersion in, and submission to, the neoliberal system - the basic capacity to appreciate anything that does not have a market value. They are the perfect consumer, nothing more, nothing less.

Or rather, nothing else.

I want to punch people in the face when they say "Dilly Dilly."

180 poast.  The quoted parts provide a great summary/description of small-souled bugmen for people studying Bugmen 101.

#862 Alleged Person

Alleged Person

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Ultimately unfulfilling
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Unanswered

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

View PostSaucer Lord, on 15 January 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

View PostHarry Dexter Whyte, on 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

they shower praise on "cool" corporations whose branding has been specifically designed to dupe them

One aspect of the bugman I have long noticed is that they are indeed the consumer drones they posit other less enlightened people to be. The bugmen consider themselves immune to marketing because they scoff at advertising and campaigns not aimed at them, at their demographics - and think highly of themselves for doing so, citing their 'bullshit detectors' or whichever - but will fall for companies that manage to turn their financial success or failure into a revolutionary doctrine, as seen with various outfits over the years with different levels of success - back in the days outfits like Napster, Netscape and Adobe and et cetera et cetera, yadda yadda yadda did it and Apple is the emperor of this. I've seen plenty of people in the past couple of decades who in retrospect fit the bugman archetype pick their pet corporation and cheer it on in the market wars, as though it truly mattered to them one bit.

meta^0: being a consumer drone steered by marketing
meta^1: being "immune" to marketing but "ironically" enjoying it
meta^2: analyzing this trait in bugmen but insisting it's "never something I do"
meta^3: pointing out this chain of escalation while thinking I'm not subject to it
meta^∞: weev gets fat on miniature ZOG latkes

#863 grab her by the weev

grab her by the weev

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSukhumi, Abkhazia
  • How did you find MPC:fully automated luxury gay space niggerdeath
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, rape

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

hashbrowns are not latkes you f**king international frugalist shill you TAKE THAT BACK

latkes have flour, they are pancakes, hashbrowns do not

seriously thems fightin words

#864 hate bumpkin

hate bumpkin

#1 Shitposter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Rape Survivors Forum subforum: Raped by a Surfer

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

weev I don't care where in the slavsphere you are I know you either have access or can gain access to a griddle, a grater, and potatoes and onions

I swear you can make hashbrowns that taste a million times better than fast food and easily

#865 Alleged Person

Alleged Person

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

View Postgrab her by the weev, on 16 January 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

hashbrowns are not latkes you f**king international frugalist shill you TAKE THAT BACK

Deepest apologies, senpai. (he noticed!)

I will never be the latke expert you are.

#866 grab her by the weev

grab her by the weev

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSukhumi, Abkhazia
  • How did you find MPC:fully automated luxury gay space niggerdeath

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

View Posthate bumpkin, on 16 January 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

weev I don't care where in the slavsphere you are I know you either have access or can gain access to a griddle, a grater, and potatoes and onions

I swear you can make hashbrowns that taste a million times better than fast food and easily

:beergoon:

Dude McDonalds does fried potatoes like nobody's business. i've had damn near every potato configuration in the world and McDonalds hashbrowns would rank in the top 25 any day. Yes, I can make all sorts of food, I've read Larousse and Escoffier. That doesn't mean I am going to prepare every single meal I eat. I'm gonna stuff my face with those glorious hashbrowns with sausage patties and cheese in between them and your condescension will never make it less delicious.

#867 Quads: Clown World Symbologist

Quads: Clown World Symbologist

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:No

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

You reminded me of a high school story. My APUSH teacher was one of those old-school Silent Gen guys, liked to lecture without slides on the chalkboard. Bit of a leftist, bussed into the South as a Civil Rights Activist, but this was a hard left town so he was center-right by our standards. (He let us skip the Howard Zinn all the other history teachers were reading from.) Trail of Tears, Slavery, Industrial poverty, Imperialism, Japanese Internment camps, he stayed pretty objective and unemotional through it all. But he also had a real fondness for McDonald's as a symbol of American management and technical achievement. Went on about it more than once. So imagine, if you will, a short, lanky, turtleneck Jew giving a lecture on American-Cuban relations, when he stops, sighs, tears welling in his eyes, and says "You know, after the revolution Americans still owned Guantanamo Bay, which was the center of many operations against the Cuban government. And there had a McDonald's on base. So just to taunt the Cubans they used fans to blow the smell of McDonald's French Fries over into Cuba. And I love the smell of McDonald's French Fries." :gooncry:

#868 Resident Autistic Fact Checker

Resident Autistic Fact Checker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationartisanal shed in [redacted]
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, raped by Bill Cosby

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

View Postgrab her by the weev, on 16 January 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Relax, yids just took katoffelpuffer and renamed them latkes, like they claim German spelled with Hebrew characters is Yiddish. I thought the difference between potato pancakes and hashbrowns was the egg in the pancakes. Historically, other roots vegetables with onions were popular as potatoes hadn't arrived in the old world yet.

#869 Diversity Engineer

Diversity Engineer

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • How did you find MPC:From the directions encoded in the archetype of the Götterdämmerung

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

OK, according to the folks in chat, and no less an authority than Tim Dang (!), this does not suck too much to poast in this thread.  I seriously need a better/higher-rez background pic for the cover.  Tips for formatting are appreciated (I'm not going to be hired by anybody for magazine layout anytime soon):

Posted Image

#870 Guapo

Guapo

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • How did you find MPC:CH
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, grabbed pussy

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

Posted Image

#871 TapiocaTundra

TapiocaTundra

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • How did you find MPC:looking up "why do swpls like gourmet ice cream"

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:03 AM

Touching on the "bugman foodie" theme:

Posted Image

Oh, gosh, I feel like such a trog now; this cultured gentleman has not only heard of something called pisco, but he knows the difference between the piscos of two different countries! Tan countries, even. Obviously this guy has done some cosmopolitan traveling.

The bugman response to this would be to outdo this reviewer by

1. doing pisco "research" (consisting of internet search via Amazon Echo ["Alexa, what is pisco?"])

2. using language app to learn Spanish for tangential reason barely, but somehow, related to pisco research--mb thinking he'll ask a South American person about it or something but not really

3. visiting the restaurant from the above review and maybe one other for comparison--but just for the selfie, with eating as a secondary goal

4. (newly expert) writing a review ham-handedly indicating he knows the difference among piscos of various regions within the countries based on what Alexa told him, then hoping the original reviewer reads his review and feels outdone.

This is the bugmen's battlefield; they  cannot outcompete one another in a traditional, human way such as a fistfight or in-person verbal beatdown. Funny part is, they actually see themselves as above such things.

As discussed in many threads here, bugmen also don't know how to be real. Their substitute for authenticity therefore consists of nerdily micro-dissecting everything in the universe

1. to appear cutting-edge and worldly (something they see as positive)

2. to seem to have personal knowledge of a topic (as touched upon by TOG and others in another thread)

3. to seem too refined and unique for potential mates to take an interest in them (if they are even interested in such interaction; probably not, would interfere with tequila tastings).

Here's the reviewer's Google+ page description:

Posted Image

#872 Alleged Person

Alleged Person

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostTapiocaTundra, on 22 January 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Their substitute for authenticity therefore consists of nerdily micro-dissecting everything in the universe

Phaedrus' pincers

#873 Vegan Yeoperson

Vegan Yeoperson

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:Unanswered

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

These two (disgraced FBI agents Strzok and Page) don't present as typical bugpeople - they have a more gaunt, predatory aspect - yet I offer them for consideration nevertheless. I'm interested to see if anyone can classify them.

Posted Image

#874 Kneel Before ZOG

Kneel Before ZOG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1227 posts
  • LocationFresno (Armenian: Ֆրէսնո)
  • How did you find MPC:Udolpho (via Sailer)
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

View PostVegan Yeoperson, on 22 January 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

These two (disgraced FBI agents Strzok and Page) don't present as typical bugpeople - they have a more gaunt, predatory aspect - yet I offer them for consideration nevertheless. I'm interested to see if anyone can classify them.

Posted Image

Left: :mother:+:kagan:
Right: :pussy:+:gay:

#875 Besta Posta (NOT)

Besta Posta (NOT)

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • How did you find MPC:How didn't I
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, procured waifu
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Personal fantasy

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostTapiocaTundra, on 22 January 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Here's the reviewer's Google+ page description:

Posted Image

This obsessive need to label oneself and others is a hallmark of the small-souled. The bug-man lacks the confidence to simply be himself. He sees himself only through the eyes of the other. Validation is his only sustenance. Thus the need for labels and in-group identifications and signaling. "No true foodie..." Everything is a "lifestyle choice" from an endless buffet of bullshit. It's just role-playing. Nothing matters. "These people are nihilists, Donnie, there's nothing to be afraid of."  

And f**king "android enthusiast," Jesus Christ, is that something to be proud of? Who gives a f**k what your phone does?

I'll tell you what I am afraid of: wasting my life. Being a vagina. Missing out. Drowning my soul in endless trivialities. I don't want to be a f**king "foodie," I want to eat delicious things until I get sick. I want to get drunk on champagne and liquor.

#876 Diversity Engineer

Diversity Engineer

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • How did you find MPC:From the directions encoded in the archetype of the Götterdämmerung

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:46 AM

two more (chat was somewhat undecided about whether they were representative of bugmen or not, and favored the one without a star, but both presented here for comparison)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#877 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 35366 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

she's just an ugly Jewish dyke

#878 Octoroon Looking Eurospic

Octoroon Looking Eurospic

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Funny(but racist)
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

But you repeat yourself.

#879 Palimpsest

Palimpsest

Blogger

• Chaperoned
  • 1 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Browsing the internet
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, grabbed pussy

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

A take on small souled bugmen:
https://medium.com/@...en-6561ae922e07

#880 Jack of All Hates

Jack of All Hates

Garbled Signals from thx G03rst Vsdw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Across Difficult Country
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, procured waifu

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

View PostPalimpsest, on 26 January 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

A take on small souled bugmen:
https://medium.com/@...en-6561ae922e07

Pro-click.

MPC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.