You are viewing selected threads from MPC's private subforums. To access more, register with MPC for full access. To access less, continue supporting Google, PayPal, and GoDaddy, the official corporate censors of the Internet.

* * * * * 18 votes

Small-Souled Bugman: Morphology and Evolution
small-souled-bugmen.info

• Please log in to reply
1209 replies to this topic

#841 KG: Womp Nationalist

KG: Womp Nationalist

Man Of Some Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1477 posts
  • LocationPronouns: biceps/triceps/quadriceps
  • How did you find MPC:URL scrawled in blood on the walls of Abu Ghraib
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

View PostPLEASUREMAN, on 28 December 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

View Postspook, on 27 December 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

View Postdvd, on 27 December 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostKing Flip, on 27 December 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Bugman thought: Amazon worship, efficiency, desire to be part of a facless whole

Learning about this sort of thing is interesting though. It doesn't really come across as bugmannish fanboyism in that Tweet.

That's not true at all, though, and pretty ridiculous if you think about it for a minute.  First off, humans are loading the trucks manually, not according to some AI's schematic.  Second, the whole thing would go awry after the first delivery creates spaces.  Finally, having received oversized boxes from Amazon, a lot of the time there isn't really anything in them keeping the individual product inside from sliding around.  It's just Amazon f**king up the box size.  This whole explanation came from some reddit thread where some guy was talking out of his surely gigantic ass.

One thing I've noticed is that Amazon is aggressively fudging its two day delivery window, presumably by shuffling product between warehouses and not counting it "shipped" until everything is at the closest fulfillment center (this is probably not noticeable if you live near a large fulfillment center).  Order deadlines are being set as early as 12:00 AM for items three days prior to the two day delivery target.  It must be awful working for such a company.  Imagine the performance metric interrogation employees get during reviews.

I'm relatively certain that Amazon's ridiculous metrics and work demands are because f****t Dr. Evil hates people and wants to "justify" replacing them all with robots as soon as it's commercially viable (while also getting better returns on his profit margins in the process) because their needs are too great for any human to handle.

#842 BJ Dart

BJ Dart

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Spic-Nig Cycle Screencap
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, grabbed pussy
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Personal fantasy

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

A cousin of mine recently got a job at an Amazon warehouse and confirms all the worst stories about the company.

The weird thing is... He likes it. He's a complete goon/bugman hybrid though: min wage jobs his whole life, no girlfriend, obese, approaching 40, with a giant collection of Star Wars figurines.

I couldn't stand working in the conditions/environment he describes but he marvels at the efficiency at which they can deliver plastic crap to customers.

A large part of it seems to be tech worship and the company culture which encourages maximum, robotic efficiency with a smile, even as Amazon also tells employees to tattle on their coworkers for falling behind on their tasks. It's sort of like a bugman cult only it doesn't even promise an unearthly reward.

#843 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 36879 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Unanswered

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:51 AM

the chink-nerd cycle:  massive scaling of business operations taking advantage of state-of-the-art manufacturing and delivery mechanisms in order to deliver plastic toys and gadgets made in suicide factories around the globe to a morbidly obese and sexually confused goon

#844 Nigga Tyreese

Nigga Tyreese

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:No

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostKingGoy: Mongolian Dance Instructor, on 28 December 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

I'm relatively certain that Amazon's ridiculous metrics and work demands are because f****t Dr. Evil hates people and wants to "justify" replacing them all with robots as soon as it's commercially viable (while also getting better returns on his profit margins in the process) because their needs are too great for any human to handle.

I live a few miles away from such a distribution center. I know people who work there. Awful hours at a fast-food wage, and constant threat of replacement by illegal border-jumpers. It's a terrible job, and Bugman Bezos is a terrible human being.

#845 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 36879 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

the thing about Bezos and co. running what are basically sweatshops that churn through workers is that this sort of business behavior produces more pathology (as well as socializing labor costs)...think of the negative behavior that is generated by working long hours in a high stress job for little pay...none of this happens in a vacuum, and it makes getting an Amazon fulfillment center a bad deal for communities in the long run

#846 Colonel Poopy

Colonel Poopy

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • How did you find MPC:by typing random urls into my netscape navigator
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, gay sex

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

RedLetterMedia's "The Nerd Crew" begs to adopt the bugman definition. They know something's really wrong.

#847 WWC: Religiously Bisexual Soccer Watcher

WWC: Religiously Bisexual Soccer Watcher

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Locationsome unabomber location in montana
  • How did you find MPC:link was written above gloryhole at NPI

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostColonel Poopy, on 03 January 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

RedLetterMedia's "The Nerd Crew" begs to adopt the bugman definition. They know something's really wrong.

Yes, their conclusion is for a Gay Muslim nagger to direct the next Star Wars movie (I support this for the wrong reasons).  They do qualify as bugmen indeed.

#848 Alleged Person

Alleged Person

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Ultimately unfulfilling

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostRevolutionary Wood Chipper Operator, on 06 August 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostCD: generic breeding vessel you pretend to love, on 03 August 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostSaucer Lord, on 02 August 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

This made me want to punch someone. Why is this more infuriating to me than the IAH or WWT?

Adults acting like children or infants seems to produce the same subconscious, visceral disgust as fags or trannies. It's the reverse of sexualized children like Jon Benet Ramsey.

The oversize bottle triggers as well; it throws your visual perception off. Then there's the 128 fluid ounces of simple sugars she's consuming.

The bugmen began to emerge en masse from their cells, glancing at each other with confused apprehension. "The power will come back on. The Internet never goes down that long." Some of them were cheerfully optimistic, despite having waited nearly half the day. Others huddled together to comment on the last information they had absorbed. The memes now regurgitated provided no warmth, and the illogical way they were strung together elicited only panicked grins punctuated by the occasional shrieking laugh.  A few did not look up at all, but merely stared in frustration at the empty obsidian screens they held. Where was the nearest juice vendor? How would they pay for a sugar ampoule without network connectivity? Finally, one of them, the weariest of the lot, spoke earnestly: "I'm hungry," he declared, and coughed.

#849 Alleged Person

Alleged Person

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Ultimately unfulfilling

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostMohel, on 05 September 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Snake oil sales were better before the Bugtime: at least "Dr. Mehr" would've been selling fake baldness cures, instead of some gay s**t about innovating synergy with paradigms blah blah blah

Motivating your Synergy with Paradigmatic Hyperthought

Are you ready to level up your businessisms? Does your old-school jargon underperform when it comes to following through on deliverables? Make the quantum jump to a new and accelerated model of synerginetic consensusness. In today's ultra-fast-paced world, tomorrow is today, and today is yesterday's last week. Don't get stuck in the obsoleted ways of oldthink. Subscribe now to our exclusive intertraining webinar workshop series and learn how you can be part of the exciting global transformation rewriting everyone.

#850 Colonel Poopy

Colonel Poopy

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

View PostWWC: Your New Somalian Pope (Muslim), on 05 January 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

View PostColonel Poopy, on 03 January 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Yes, their conclusion is for a Gay Muslim nagger to direct the next Star Wars movie (I support this for the wrong reasons).  They do qualify as bugmen indeed.

RedLetterMedia has walked a fine line since GamerGate and they are really ambiguous about their position. Take this as a parody of diversity checks that can pass without being associated with Skywalker.

This is as much as they can do. They know there's a market to their right, everyone in their sphere knows it at least since the Ghostbusters remake.

The on topic aspect is the very character they stumbled upon, and it weirds them out so much that they created a parody series. Someone should send them a link to this topic.

Edited by Colonel Poopy, 11 January 2018 - 03:59 AM.

#851 Harry Dexter Whyte

Harry Dexter Whyte

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • How did you find MPC:dead gay uncle
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, procured waifu
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

One of the more amusing groups of people on reddit, who provide some useful insights into the bugman mentality, are the "foodies". Many of reddit's most popular subs (this was moreso the case in the past though, as politics has come to the forefront in the Drumpf era) are food themed. Some are generically themed - /r/food, /r/cooking, /r/recipes - and some more specifically themed - /r/burgers, /r/grilledcheese, /r/bacon. Others focus on diets - /r/eatcheapandhealthy, /r/vegan, /r/1200isplenty - and still others are centered on corporations - /r/tacobell, /r/chipotle, /r/mcdonalds. Whatever the case, these places are concentrated reddit retardation.

The most popular post in the last year on /r/grilledcheese, under the title "Had to correct my husband" (and with 13k upvotes), provides a useful example:
Posted Image
This subreddit is all about praising the wonders of grilled cheese, in its simplest, most pure form. And it is full of images of just that - pictures of grilled cheese. But one thing gets them worked up, and that is the inclusion of impurities. Say, adding bacon. So there's a lot of discussions and posts arguing about what the "true" definition of grilled cheese is. Lots of people get worked up over it. "Ironically", of course. This is all meant to be ironic, but you quickly realize that on reddit irony is a mask for retardation. At some point (the minute you start doing it), spending time upvoting pictures of grilled cheese and getting into flame wars over what a grilled cheese becomes an actual obsession.

One of the top yearly posts on /r/burgers demonstrating a few other common themes, entitled "Five Guys in my mouth":
Posted Image
The title is doubly illustrative, in the sense that it features both a pun (redditors are notorious for loving puns...ironically of course) and the connection between sex and food. Sexual innuendo is commonly used on these subreddits. Redditors want to "motorboat" that yummy pizza or stuff that "thick" sausage down their throats, and a photo of finished food is commonly referred to as the "money shot" (these are all actual examples). This sort of language is everywhere. But this post also gets at another key aspect of food subreddits - brand identity. Labels matter, and can be the difference between hundreds of upvotes and an ignored post. Redditors crave upvotes, and so they utilize popular brands to their advantage. Five Guys, being a bugman favorite (they love overly greasy food...again, """ironically"""), is a good choice.

But users don't identify with these brands cynically. Many of them are true believers, and this can be seen on some of the corporate (ostensibly, these places aren't run by corporations but they always support whatever corporation they borrow their title from - and the bugmen of places like /r/microsoft and /r/apple deserve their own effort post) subreddits. I find /r/tacobell to have the most sycophantic and dedicated supporters. One of 2017's top posts, entitled "R/ blackpeopletwitter keeping it real":
Posted Image
Now once again the title itself is indicative of a broader reddit trend - adulation of "black people twitter". The "black" part of social media (a weirdly racialized term that has already been criticized by academics) is considered by redditors to be hilarious (we are laughing with them not at them, the redditor guiltily insists), full of real talk, and woke as heck. Here, we see some random guy praising Taco Bell on his Facebook - and in turn, being praised by Taco Bell's greatest supporters. His ramblings (pretty typical fare for any Facebook feed) are reimagined as wisdom - "these words have changed my life...That's my Roy" a top post in the thread reads. Notice once again, we have the pun, and the """ironic""" over-the-top praise.

But if these reddit foodies can praise, they can also condemn. Here we see one of the top posts from the last year on /r/steak, titled "President Trump orders his steak well done with ketchup":
Posted Image
As you can imagine, the people at /r/steak take their steaks as seriously (totally "ironically" though...) as the denizens of /r/grilledcheese take their grilled cheese. Some pearls of wisdom from that thread: "Trump may be rich, but he's still just trailer-trash" (255 upvotes - hating white proles is a great way to get yourself some reddit karma), "Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man and a dumb man's idea of a smart man" (258 upvotes - insipid s**t like this, along the same line as the "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" trope, serves as a sort of redditor folk "wisdom"), and "As a conservative, I never bought the idea that he was a good pick for a presidential nominee, and I voted third party. I am vindicated by this news. :)" (147 upvotes - you'll see these types of "as a conservative i hate DRUMPF" posts all the time, redditors love this stuff). Although these subreddits are apolitical on the surface, they seem to have become more and more politically charged. Shitlibs are so frazzled by the Trump phenomenon that even when they are "ironically" praising their cheese sandwiches and taco bell slop they can't help but throw in some quip about Bannon being ugly or whatever (he is ugly, but that's beside the point). It's truly bizarre.

And I think to end this post it is worth interrogating their own political views, with the post that inspired me to write this autistic summary up, titled "Jack in the Box CEO says 'it just makes sense' to consider replacing cashiers with machines as minimum wages rise". It links to a Business Insider article, which reports that:

"As we see the rising costs of labor, it just makes sense" to consider adding new automated technology, CEO Leonard Comma said Tuesday at the ICR Conference.

Jack in the Box previously tested technology such as kiosks. According to Comma, the kiosks resulted in a higher average check and helped with efficiency. But at the time Comma said the cost of installing the kiosks wasn't worth it.

But with minimum wages increasing, Jack in the Box is reconsidering the use of kiosks and other technology, Comma said.
Leaving aside my own personal thoughts on the issue (I think it is absurd to blame automation on increasing wages, and that corporations are using this as a convenient excuse), I found that the reddit foodie take was particularly interesting. The top three upvoted posts from their /r/fastfood thread on the article:

I really am not looking for social interactions when getting fast food so I'm all for automated ordering... (81 points)

[In response to the above] Also less chance your order is rung up wrong. (41 points)

Self check-out is the best thing to happen to markets. Less talking and I can do it quicker. (31 points)

Here we see the true face of the reddit foodie - the bugman - revealed. I mean, it is quite obvious that these people are bugmen. They humble brag about the craft beers they are drinking by very conspicuously including them in their food pictures, they shower praise on "cool" corporations whose branding has been specifically designed to dupe them, and they are autistically obsessed over things like the correct steak temperature and the makeup of sandwiches (a painfully inauthentic attempt at authenticity). But all of these are surface level bugman traits. What makes the bugman so insidious, so repulsive, is his underlying character. And in this last thread on automation we see that revealed.

The bugman does not understand, much less appreciate, social interaction. The bugman finds humans to be inefficient, but machines will never get his order wrong. The bugman considers what is best for the markets, without regard for his own community (to be fair, he doesn't have one). Underneath his carefully groomed beard, expensive clothes, and layer of fat grown on IPA's and homemade "'zas", the bugman is a broken person. Lacking - due to his complete immersion in, and submission to, the neoliberal system - the basic capacity to appreciate anything that does not have a market value. They are the perfect consumer, nothing more, nothing less.

Or rather, nothing else.

Edited by Harry Dexter Whyte, 14 January 2018 - 07:15 PM.

#852 Terrence Rhine

Terrence Rhine

gigantic failed ideological Turing test

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3453 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Midway upon the journey of our life, I found myself in a dark wood, etc

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

View PostShitlord HR Rep, on 27 December 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

Mike Stuchberry is the worst poster on twitter, bar none. He's got the mental horsepower to memorize all the minutae of s**tlib fan fiction history (such as the all the fake African empires or the one dude from Northern the continent of dick washers documented to be in Roman London thus proving England has always been multi cultural), but his T is so low he will never function as a real human.

Posted Image

#853 Terrence Rhine

Terrence Rhine

gigantic failed ideological Turing test

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3453 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Midway upon the journey of our life, I found myself in a dark wood, etc

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:25 PM

I meant to post these months ago. This is the men's room at The Rooftop by Jean-Georges, the restaurant on top of the new Waldorf Astoria in Beverly Hills. Not the most elegant arrangement I know but there's only so much time a guy should really spend in a public restroom in Beverly Hills.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#854 grab her by the weev

grab her by the weev

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • LocationSukhumi, Abkhazia
  • How did you find MPC:fully automated luxury gay space niggerdeath
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, rape

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

This is by and large a good post but I too was thrilled about the concept of automated ordering when I lived in America, largely because people from the continent of dick washers were responsible for taking my order.

Out in slavland I have not shared a language with a server in years and in all that time I have never received a single bad order when I am giving it to someone that looks like they could only be employed in the modeling industry back home. In America every time I'd go to McDonalds I'd have to walk Tyrone through using the cash register as best I could. If you enjoy interacting with naggers, ordering kiosks might not sound great to you but I just want my f**king hash browns and a piece of sausage and cheese a la carte without explaining to an urban youf what "a la carte" means and the buttons he needs to press to ring up the order that way and then explain AGAIN what the strange order means to the sheneequa manager and the kitchen staff seriously I just don't ever want to do that again to get delicious breakfast and I DO NOT CARE that McDonalds is a wicked arm of ZOG those hash browns are hella tasty and I wanna use them in lieu of a mcmuffin on the sausage and cheese u feel me dawg?

#855 Resident Autistic Fact Checker

Resident Autistic Fact Checker

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Locationartisanal shed in [redacted]
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, raped by Bill Cosby

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

View Postgrab her by the weev, on 14 January 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

I DO NOT CARE that McDonalds is a wicked arm of ZOG those hash browns are hella tasty and I wanna use them in lieu of a mcmuffin on the sausage and cheese u feel me dawg?

Being too late for hash browns is really upsetting.

#856 grab her by the weev

grab her by the weev

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

View PostResident Autistic Fact Checker, on 15 January 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

Being too late for hash browns is really upsetting.

Dude I got one better, imagine you find out you expatriated to a country where McDonalds doesn't even serve breakfast

#857 Resident Autistic Fact Checker

Resident Autistic Fact Checker

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Locationartisanal shed in [redacted]
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, raped by Bill Cosby

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:11 AM

View Postgrab her by the weev, on 15 January 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

Dude I got one better, imagine you find out you expatriated to a country where McDonalds doesn't even serve breakfast

I moved within walking distance to a McDonalds and haven't been since. Scarcity breeds desire or something.

#858 grab her by the weev

grab her by the weev

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:21 AM

View PostResident Autistic Fact Checker, on 15 January 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

I moved within walking distance to a McDonalds and haven't been since. Scarcity breeds desire or something.

last time i was walking distance from mcdonalds i gained 8 pounds in hashbrown weight

#859 Colonel Poopy

Colonel Poopy

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:00 AM

https://www.youtube....3gCQnyiYKMYvUgg

This channel and the youtuber "Matthias".

The voices, even from the other men. Perpetual childhood. Consumerism. Low T.

#860 Saucer Lord

Saucer Lord

Forums Expert (less time for golf)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9814 posts
  • LocationTop secret Lunar Base
  • How did you find MPC:Consulted translation of Voynich manuscript

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

View PostHarry Dexter Whyte, on 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

they shower praise on "cool" corporations whose branding has been specifically designed to dupe them

One aspect of the bugman I have long noticed is that they are indeed the consumer drones they posit other less enlightened people to be. The bugmen consider themselves immune to marketing because they scoff at advertising and campaigns not aimed at them, at their demographics - and think highly of themselves for doing so, citing their 'bullshit detectors' or whichever - but will fall for companies that manage to turn their financial success or failure into a revolutionary doctrine, as seen with various outfits over the years with different levels of success - back in the days outfits like Napster, Netscape and Adobe and et cetera et cetera, yadda yadda yadda did it and Apple is the emperor of this. I've seen plenty of people in the past couple of decades who in retrospect fit the bugman archetype pick their pet corporation and cheer it on in the market wars, as though it truly mattered to them one bit.

MPC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.