You are viewing selected threads from MPC's private subforums. To access more, register with MPC for full access. To access less, continue supporting Google, PayPal, and GoDaddy, the official corporate censors of the Internet.

* * * * * 18 votes

Small-Souled Bugman: Morphology and Evolution
small-souled-bugmen.info

• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

#661 Peak XOJane

Peak XOJane

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2315 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Twitter screencaps
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, raped by Bill Cosby
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Unanswered

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Some long thoughts on bugmen:

A bugman is a man who has made technocratic progress into his religion.

The holiness he seeks is modernity and “being smart.”  His religious authorities are the credentialed.  His sacred texts are studies and data.  He is the Pharisee of the Information Age.  Like the Pharisees, he worries about satisfying authorities by following rules without any regard for higher truth.

Psychologically, the bugman is driven by two aims: a desire to measure up according to some standard and an abiding fear that that standard might be traditionally masculine.  His prissy rule-following is a means of deflecting attention from his personal shortcomings.  

Bugmen avoid confrontation and seek to be non-controversial.  This is frequently misunderstood on MPC, but the bugman adores data precisely because it gives him an authority figure to tell him what is right and what is wrong and to allow him to avoid taking a stand.  (He hates taking stands.)

If he is religious, his religion is purposefully vague and he repeats the empty cant that all religions are basically alike.  If he is non-religious he will reassure people that he does “see the purpose” of religion in society, which in his mind is using churches to host AA meetings.

Politically he identifies as a “moderate” and adjusts his opinions to reflect the median opinion of his circle of friends.  He unquestioningly accepts the dominant world view of his time and contents himself with fretting over the “how to” problems.  In any case, he is mostly interested in whether ideas—he calls them “solutions”—have been backed by authority figures with graduate degrees from prestigious universities.

His hobbies involve no exertion, passion, or risk.  He exercises as a weight maintenance tool.  He may read fiction or nonfiction, but he rarely reads anything written more than twenty years ago.

For the bugman, being a consumer is a hobby in and of itself.  He likes having nice things, he likes talking about nice things.  He will spend an afternoon “researching” high-end sweatshirts or artisanal whiskey or whatever catches his fancy.  He likes to point out that many of the lovely things he has were not possible a generation ago.  Truly we live in the best of all possible worlds.

He likes the idea of minimalism and thinks it would be doable if his minimal collection of possessions were high quality and “well curated.”  Someday he hopes to be so successful at consumerism that he, too, can be a minimalist.

The bugman is a passive player in the decline of Western civilization.  The hard Left is, at least in my view, driven by psychosexual hatred of Western civilization not unlike an Oedipus complex: they desire to kill the “father” (Western authority figures) and sexually conquer the “mother” (Western people and their culture).  The bugman doesn’t feel any of this; he’s simply along for the ride.

#662 BPA: Xenoestrogen Aficionado

BPA: Xenoestrogen Aficionado

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Locationhell
  • How did you find MPC:therightstuff.biz
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, with a fatty
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Personal fantasy

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostPeak XOJane, on 10 September 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

The bugman is a passive player in the decline of Western civilization.  The hard Left is, at least in my view, driven by psychosexual hatred of Western civilization not unlike an Oedipus complex: they desire to kill the “father” (Western authority figures) and sexually conquer the “mother” (Western people and their culture).  The bugman doesn’t feel any of this; he’s simply along for the ride.

Posted Image

Edited by BPA: Xenoestrogen Aficionado, 10 September 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#663 Bill the Butcher

Bill the Butcher

Blogger

• Chaperoned
  • 25 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

View PostPeak XOJane, on 10 September 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

The hard Left is, at least in my view, driven by psychosexual hatred of Western civilization not unlike an Oedipus complex: they desire to kill the “father” (Western authority figures) and sexually conquer the “mother” (Western people and their culture).  

As an aside on the 'hard Left' and what motivates it, I think MacDonald has the answer:

The Culture of Critique:

This suggests the fascinating possibility that the key for a group intending to turn Europeans against themselves is to trigger their strong tendency toward altruistic punishment by convincing them of the evil of their own people. Because Europeans are individualists at heart, they readily rise up in moral anger against their own people once they are seen as free riders and therefore morally
blameworthy—a manifestation of their much stronger tendency toward altruistic punishment deriving from their evolutionary past as hunter gatherers. In making judgments of altruistic punishment, relative genetic distance is irrelevant. Freeriders are seen as strangers in a market situation; i.e., they have no familial or tribal connection with the altruistic punisher.

Thus the current altruistic punishment so characteristic of contemporary Western civilization: Once Europeans were convinced that their own people were morally bankrupt, any and all means of punishment should be used against their own people. Rather than see other Europeans as part of an encompassing ethnic and tribal community, fellow Europeans were seen as morally blameworthy and the appropriate target of altruistic punishment. For Westerners, morality is individualistic—violations of communal norms by free-riders are punished by altruistic aggression.

On the other hand, group strategies deriving from collectivist cultures, such as the Jews, are immune to such a maneuver because kinship and group ties come first. Morality is particularistic—whatever is good for the group. There is no tradition of altruistic punishment because the evolutionary history of these groups centers around cooperation of close kin, not strangers (see below).

The best strategy for a collectivist group like the Jews for destroying Europeans therefore is to convince the Europeans of their own moral bankruptcy. A major theme of CofC is that this is exactly what Jewish intellectual movements have done. They have presented Judaism as morally superior to European civilization and European civilization as morally bankrupt and the proper target of altruistic punishment. The consequence is that once Europeans are convinced of their own moral depravity, they will destroy their own people in a fit of altruistic punishment. The general dismantling of the culture of the West and eventually its demise as anything resembling an ethnic entity will occur as a result of a moral onslaught triggering a paroxysm of altruistic punishment. And thus the intense effort among Jewish intellectuals to continue the ideology of the moral superiority of Judaism and its role as undeserving historical victim while at the same time continuing the onslaught on the moral legitimacy of the West.

Demoralized whites have had their normally healthy sense of justice warped and turned against their own people while a [[[certain people]]] hide among them like parasites.

#664 Quads: Clown World Symbologist

Quads: Clown World Symbologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:No

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

It occurs to me reading the last few pages (maybe I'm slow) that the bugman is a male phenomenon. It isn't just that all the examples and psychology discussed are male. It seems essential to the concept. Rachel Maddow shares a lot of bugman features and any male who looks like Maddow would be a strong bugman contender. I still hesitate to call her one. It doesn't seem right. "f**k you Dad" is the closest female analogue I can think of, but it doesn't seem to fit either. For one, I've known male equivalents of "f**k you Dad" who I wouldn't call bugmen. For two, it doesn't really describe women who face anything near the self-emasculating conformity crunch described in this thread.

So, what is the bugman equivalent for women? Aggressive lesbo bull dykes? Shiftless YouTube webcam thots? Help me MPC, I'm a poor neetsoc microwaving Tostino's pizza rolls in my parents' basement and I could use a redpill on :goonsay: The Fairer Sex.

#665 KingGoy: Mongolian Dance Instructor

KingGoy: Mongolian Dance Instructor

Boomer Meme Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationPronouns: biceps/triceps/quadriceps
  • How did you find MPC:URL scrawled in blood on the walls of Abu Ghraib
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

View PostQuads: Louise Mensch, on 10 September 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

It occurs to me reading the last few pages (maybe I'm slow) that the bugman is a male phenomenon. It isn't just that all the examples and psychology discussed are male. It seems essential to the concept. Rachel Maddow shares a lot of bugman features and any male who looks like Maddow would be a strong bugman contender. I still hesitate to call her one. It doesn't seem right. "f**k you Dad" is the closest female analogue I can think of, but it doesn't seem to fit either. For one, I've known male equivalents of "f**k you Dad" who I wouldn't call bugmen. For two, it doesn't really describe women who face anything near the self-emasculating conformity crunch described in this thread.

So, what is the bugman equivalent for women? Aggressive lesbo bull dykes? Shiftless YouTube webcam thots? Help me MPC, I'm a poor neetsoc microwaving Tostino's pizza rolls in my parents' basement and I could use a redpill on :goonsay: The Fairer Sex.

Likely because many of the things that you see in Bugmen are already present in women- obsession with status items (brand phones, clothing, etc.), appearances, and a workout routine in which the deadlift is completely absent. Bugmen are status-seeking, emasculated male strivers who, like the modern woman displaced from her familial role, has a place in society that is completely devoid of real meaning.

#666 Peak XOJane

Peak XOJane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2315 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

I'd say that when men passively follow society's dictates, they become emasculated consumerist conformists, while when women passively follow society's dictates, they become hyper-sexualized consumerist conformists.

But I'm open to suggestions here.

#667 Malthusian Daydream

Malthusian Daydream

26th generation Black Plague survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • How did you find MPC:played a Wham! album backwards

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostPeak XOJane, on 10 September 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

I'd say that when men passively follow society's dictates, they become emasculated consumerist conformists, while when women passively follow society's dictates, they become hyper-sexualized consumerist conformists.

Eldridge Cleaver in Soul On Ice saw this "ultrafeminization" as a reaction to the emasculation of the bugman:

Posted Image

:nigthink:

Edited by Malthusian Daydream, 10 September 2017 - 07:39 PM.

#668 A Shocked Person

A Shocked Person

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Urgently needed info on cob houses
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, with a fatty

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostPeak XOJane, on 10 September 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

But I'm open to suggestions here.

This is what I was thinking, but not only sexualized—bugwomen seem especially focused on all sorts of supposedly liberatory forms of self-expression and experience. They dye their hair, collect tattoos and body modifications. They collect hobbies that can be seen as ways to express themselves. They have a sex toy collection, but more to the point, they talk about their sex toy collection, seeing it as refusing to be shamed about it.

They try things. "I'd like to try..." and then in the past tense "I had an amazing experience when I tried.... so liberating."

#669 Hyper-masculine heteronormative bigot

Hyper-masculine heteronormative bigot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • How did you find MPC:link from Heartiste

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

Ralph Shayne, Chief Executive Officer at Oasis Financial

Bugman face, Jewish job: they provide advances on PI cases (which in turn are niggly).

#670 TapiocaTundra

TapiocaTundra

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • How did you find MPC:looking up "why do swpls like gourmet ice cream"

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

Bugwomen of Athleta (the women's yoga-notreallyathletic-lifestyle branch of the Gap Inc. family of mass-produced clothing):

Posted Image

Note the generous sprinkling of Buglady Keywords guaranteed to get upper-middle-class women to click without a single thought:
1. Prodigy
2. Sustainability / Sustainable
3. Restore Collection
4. Mindfulness
5. Guru
6. Responsible
7. Intensity

The Nonspecifically Tan, "designed to make you feel righteous about buying this stuff" chick in the yoga clothes  is icing on the cake.

Bugwomen. Don't let them infect your woman or offspring. Make no mistake: this is a disease, and women are particularly vulnerable. Appealingly photographed, buzzword-laden things like this yoga-clothing catalog are a powerful gateway drug.

Be strong, be masculine, be alert and aware.

#671 TapiocaTundra

TapiocaTundra

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

I left off the above list of Bug Keywords
1. giving ourselves this break
2. Space
3. Rejuvenate

Practically everything on this page is Bugman buzzwords (bugwords)

#672 Peak XOJane

Peak XOJane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2315 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

I have an idea.

Bugmen react to the hollowness and alienation of the modern world by retreating to the solid-seeming world of data.  

Bugwomen react to the hollowness and alienation of the modern world by retreating to the world of feelings.  They believe that all the world's problems could be solved if everyone felt the right away about everything.  The mark of a bugwoman on Facebook is that she posts a lot about her feelings on minorities and lectures other people about how they ought to feel about minorities.  If she feels like getting her hands dirty, she will write down her deep (not really) thoughts on a piece of cardboard and walk around carrying it in public.

But here's what she won't do: she won't use her Saturday morning to clean up a playground where minority kids play.  Or ever set foot in her local homeless shelter.  (In fact, you can embarrass these people by asking them what their local shelter is named.)

Both the bugmen and women have replaced physical social interactions (the wisdom they impart) with abstractions.  They believe that they are good people because they hold the right thoughts in their heads--they "believe in" the right things.  Other people exist as characters in a movie about them.  They can be reduced to impersonal data or objectified as the subject of correct feelings.  But they are never fully human in their own right.

#673 Bigot Of Low Expectations

Bigot Of Low Expectations

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:Unanswered

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

^180

#674 TapiocaTundra

TapiocaTundra

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostPeak XOJane, on 14 September 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

I have an idea.

Bugmen react to the hollowness and alienation of the modern world by retreating to the solid-seeming world of data.  

Bugwomen react to the hollowness and alienation of the modern world by retreating to the world of feelings.  They believe that all the world's problems could be solved if everyone felt the right away about everything.  The mark of a bugwoman on Facebook is that she posts a lot about her feelings on minorities and lectures other people about how they ought to feel about minorities.  If she feels like getting her hands dirty, she will write down her deep (not really) thoughts on a piece of cardboard and walk around carrying it in public.

But here's what she won't do: she won't use her Saturday morning to clean up a playground where minority kids play.  Or ever set foot in her local homeless shelter.  (In fact, you can embarrass these people by asking them what their local shelter is named.)

Both the bugmen and women have replaced physical social interactions (the wisdom they impart) with abstractions.  They believe that they are good people because they hold the right thoughts in their heads--they "believe in" the right things.  Other people exist as characters in a movie about them.  They can be reduced to impersonal data or objectified as the subject of correct feelings.  But they are never fully human in their own right.

180. Beautiful. Thank you for this. Your words should be spread the world.

I feel sorry for bugmen who try,in some way, to imitate human men by attempting enthusiasm over (e.g.) automobiles, sports, and hunting; don't realize such things are part of an overall package; and that their attempts come off as weak and effete. Some truly want to engage with humans in some human way, but the best they can ever achieve is facsimile.

The women should be snapped out of the trance the second the baby they just birthed is handed over to them (all kinds of crazy realizations occur at that moment). Instead the baby just becomes an accessory for their social media feeds--as you say, cast members in "My Life: the Movie". They instantly fill their bug minds with "the Mommy n Me yoga class selfie I take in 18 months will look great on Instagram." And to them, that will signify a deep connection with Baby and other faux-humans. (They even start planning a special effect for an "organic", old-timey film look--for extra depth!)

Actual engagement with real human beings frightens and confuses them, though they yearn for it.

#675 TransDwarf

TransDwarf

Blogger

• Chaperoned
  • 32 posts
  • How did you find MPC:GLAAD Newsletter

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostTapiocaTundra, on 14 September 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

180. Beautiful. Thank you for this. Your words should be spread the world.

I feel sorry for bugmen who try,in some way, to imitate human men by attempting enthusiasm over (e.g.) automobiles, sports, and hunting; don't realize such things are part of an overall package; and that their attempts come off as weak and effete. Some truly want to engage with humans in some human way, but the best they can ever achieve is facsimile.

The women should be snapped out of the trance the second the baby they just birthed is handed over to them (all kinds of crazy realizations occur at that moment). Instead the baby just becomes an accessory for their social media feeds--as you say, cast members in "My Life: the Movie". They instantly fill their bug minds with "the Mommy n Me yoga class selfie I take in 18 months will look great on Instagram." And to them, that will signify a deep connection with Baby and other faux-humans. (They even start planning a special effect for an "organic", old-timey film look--for extra depth!)

Actual engagement with real human beings frightens and confuses them, though they yearn for it.

Your observation is dead on about accessorizing children, as if they were props for a never-ending, online digital scrapbook. Case in point: I have a cousin who could not conceive and so she decided to adopt a little 10 month old girl a few years ago. The little girl is quite cute and my cousin is a now a doting mother who has abandoned her prior obsession with adopting shelter dogs (funny, that). I was obviously quite happy for her but one thing that struck me as off was that my cousin began documenting through photos and video almost every f**king day of her daughters life. From every angle at every possible venue, this child has her privacy sacrificed so that my cousin can crank out and send cute, seasonal cards and update constantly her various social media accounts with demonstrative proof of how much she loves her daughter and how they love, love, love doing things together like mommy-daughter tumble class, going to the park, learning to read, etc. Her husband works long days and she has few friends, natch. It leaves me wondering how this constant spotlighting will affect the child's development, where not a day goes by where she hasn't been told to pose for a forced Kodak moment, a camera forever in her face.

I contrast this to how my much older mother, whenever she gets around to cleaning out clutter in the garage or a closet, will always become sidetracked and overcome with smiles when she finds a stack of polaroids in envelopes of me an my siblings as kids randomly just doing things kids do: blowing out candles on a cake, making messes, riding a three-wheeler, opening presents on Xmas, getting a piggy-back ride from Dad. These pictures capture real moments connected to memories that bond us together as a family and remind us of that when we reminisce. Will my cousin, I wonder, ever be able to have that same experience when her daughter's childhood has been so meticulously documented daily with filters, lighting adjustments and made-for-tv editing features now available on the average smartphone? A disproportionate amount of time no doubt goes into thinking how and when best to photograph or video this or that "experience" and how it would be a great addition to "Raising my Child: Day 1,394" on Facebook/Instagram instead of actually fully engaging with the kid.

#676 Bill the Butcher

Bill the Butcher

Blogger

• Chaperoned
  • 25 posts
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Re: photos - same issue with almost every "event" in life, particularly 'traveling'... everything is calculated to be photographed and documented, then posted to social media to further their carefully curated artificial persona of a highly social/adventurous/well traveled/correctthink (libtard), etc drone.

#677 Guapo

Guapo

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • How did you find MPC:CH
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, grabbed pussy

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

I don't know many unmarried women, so I may be off the mark. But I'm thinking of the sort of woman who is so obsessed with novelty that she demands gluten-free communion wafers.

As for the few unmarried women I do know, they treat their children like pets, and their pets like children.

Edited by Guapo, 14 September 2017 - 08:14 PM.

#678 Quads: Clown World Symbologist

Quads: Clown World Symbologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1054 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

It turns out that when I asked "What are bugwomen?" I really should have asked "Jane, what are bugwomen?" Men compete for status by hunting, women compete for status by gathering. That masculine hunting instinct gone awry is at the center of the bugman's perversions. ("Ancient men conquered cities... you go to wine bar with gf.") Gathering is a social and communal activity. Women are more emotional than men -- it might be nicer to say that women are more emotive than men. So in bugwomen I think there's a failure of normal social emotions. This means no longer grooming well (the yoga pants aesthetic TT posted perfectly describes several bugwomen I've known). It means seeking substitutes for well-kept relationships in cat herds and instagram fantasies. It means abandoning all work for the good of the tribe and collapsing into solipsistic life. It's the "Eat, Pray, Love" world of Netflix binging and Chinese takeout and frumpy comediennes.

However, there is one thought I'd like to drill down on:

View PostPeak XOJane, on 14 September 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

I don't think bugmen are consumed with data per se. The obsession with data is just one part of their aesthetic. Bugmen have plenty of other affectations that aren't motivated by optimizing numbers in excel. It strikes me that data is measurement about the world. That is, data isn't about understanding reality itself, it's about describing reality. I think that's a key distinction. Bugmen don't interact with the world, they interact with a description of the world. I think this carries through to every symptom we've discussed. They're not interested in food for its own sake but for its attributes, for its nutrients (soylent) or its ethnic character. They pour over data and min-max their own lives because they've forgotten what life is really about. It really is insect-like.

The benefit of this definition is that I think it carries over to women. Bugwomen aren't interested in photos because they record precious memories but because they produce pictures that can be described and shared. Bugwomen like yoga because it fetishizes breathing and relaxing -- things normal people just do. Repeat for any essential bugman or bugwoman feature. In all of them you'll find insects confusing a description of reality for reality itself.

#679 Terrence Rhine

Terrence Rhine

gigantic failed ideological Turing test

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3271 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Midway upon the journey of our life, I found myself in a dark wood, etc

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

View PostGwerks: ex-GS hedge fund dog clothing maker, on 23 August 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostTricorner Rhine, on 22 August 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

I have a question: why is it the forums’ manhattanites are the only ones taking the fight to the bugmen? why are we the only two to have put up any signs at all, let alone multiple in the heart of bugmanness? does it take fire to fight fire or some bullshit?

get off your asses, NEETS

I have seen no satisfactory responses to this, and inapposite musings about other forms of "subversive art" belong in another thread (maybe one of our hundreds of threads dedicated literally to homosexuality or international frugalists).  

Indeed. Big talk in these last few pages about explaining what a bugman is but not a lot tangible field work.

Wherever you are, there are bugmen.  This is one of the truths of our age.  Airport lounge with shitty pretzel mix? Bugmen.  Squarestate stripmall with a Panera and an Ethan Allen?  Bugmen.  TR and I had Starbucks on our list at one point, which we deprioritized because there is no need for MFHites to cover it.

That's true I almost did do Starbucks but did the Apple Store instead. You really think you don't have a good bugman spot in your town? Your bugman locations are weak? YOU'RE weak.

"Some NEET can easily hit sbux," we thought.  lol just lol at our overconfidence in all of you.

And now they're getting lapped.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#680 Gwerks: ex-GS hedge fund dog clothing maker

Gwerks: ex-GS hedge fund dog clothing maker

BEGONE, SHREW

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • How did you find MPC:retrospective at New Whitney
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, rape
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

[img]https://i.imgur.com/...wCovno.jpg[/img]
Any worthless NEET ITT who wants to redeem himself can do so by commissioning a bugman placard roughly the same size and resolution as "AN INCOMPLETE HISTORY...," which Terrence will then affix at some point without being arrested.

MPC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.