You are viewing selected threads from MPC's private subforums. To access more, register with MPC for full access. To access less, continue supporting Google, PayPal, and GoDaddy, the official corporate censors of the Internet.

* * * * * 5 votes

Richard Spencer is NOT the leader of the alt-right
Trickle-down media whores and their hatred of doing any homework

wapo media whores David Weigel David Weigel: bad at his job Trump alt-right Richard Spencer

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#1 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 34983 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Unanswered

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:15 PM

David Weigel, smarmy, child-faced neo-blogger who considers himself an expert on "the conservative beat" (all he does is get quotes from bathroom stall-inhabiting cuckservatives) inserted this egregious paragraph into an article on the diaper-wearing psychotic currently running for president (apparently she plans to give a speech as soon as she is physically able):

The alt-right is named for the Alternative Right website that the “identitarian” nationalist Richard Spencer set up in 2010. It was adopted by those opposed to multiculturalism and mass immigration and has gained traction more broadly in recent years.
https://www.washingt...-the-alt-right/

Actually, the other way around, dumbass--the Alternative Right website was named for the alt-right, an inchoate mass of more-or-less right wing groups that took form largely due to the neocon takeover of mainstream conservatism, and which metastasized as an opposition during and after the Dubya administration.  The Internet was crucial to this process, allowing members of the alt-right to find each other through blogs, forums, social networking sites, and trolling Jews.

The real alt-right isn't a club started and run by Richard Spencer, it's more a loose collection of groups with similar but not identical views, who don't speak for each other but who often share a broad outlook and sense of humor.  For a first pass of this idea, see this Wapo comment I made which Wapo f****t loser mods curiously keep deleting:

Posted Image

All of the groups I mentioned have far more influence than Spencer, who mainly throws parties and develops eye-rolling plans to make "white-nationalism" catch on in the European countries he isn't banned from visiting.  Let me repeat, David Weigel is a lazy f****t who has no clue what is going on in the world, although how that sets him apart from the rest of the horrifying fusion of Gen-X and millennial dickhead bloggers is anyone's guess.

Get it right, f****ts; I can only hope this shows up in the Google searches that you use as your primary means of doing "research" (cunts).

#2 Koyaanisqatsi Bullycide

Koyaanisqatsi Bullycide

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Locationsickburn
  • How did you find MPC:Twitter Waifu
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, procured waifu
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Personal fantasy

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

I think both should be pushed, for maximum fun.

Both Richard Spencer is the one true lord of alt right AND "Spencer is a nobody"

#3 Hell is other mice

Hell is other mice

Another victim of the jizya

• Refugees Unwelcome
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:No

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

Spencer is not one of the leading content creators on the Alt-Right. He might be second tier. But he does run PHALANX.

It is worth remembering that the Alt-Right is not just a bunch of bloggers linking each other. Radix / Red Ice / TRS and some others are all in contact behind the scenes and are coordinating with each other in private and we don't really know what's going on there and who (if anyone) is actually "leading" the content creators.

#4 Mongoose Change Agent

Mongoose Change Agent

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • How did you find MPC:astral projection
  • Have you experienced sex?:Unanswered
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

Alt-right is too mainstream.

Indie-right is where the cool kids are.

#5 Jourdan

Jourdan

California Uber Alles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Location14e Arr in my Mind
  • How did you find MPC:Discovery Motion for Gwerks' Billing Records
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, grabbed pussy
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

One of the things one notices about the press as one grows older is that nearly always when they begin to report on something on which one has personal knowledge, the press gets a lot of the basics wrong.

When I was a kid in the punk movement in Los Angeles, once we got noticed by the press, the stories were laughable, full of exposes and interviews of punk "leaders" who were usually merely the lamest assholes with a talent for self-promotion.  Later, when I entered business life and was working on deals, including large, complex commercial transactions, the business pages of the major newspapers would nearly always get it wrong.

I expect it to be no different here, and there really is no fighting it. They'll find the most "controversial" click-bait and sales-generating "leader" they can find, one who also as a side benefit will make the alt-right look as bad as possible, and run with it.  To be honest, by that expectation we could do far worse than Spencer.  (Note: I'm a no-enemies-to-the-right guy, your mileage may, and probably does, vary).

They will get it wrong, sometimes laughably so, sometimes infuriatingly so, but, at the end of they day, as Vox Day pointed out this morning, this is a clear sign that:

1.  The Alt-Right is already a potent force embedded in rising political parties in Europe.

2.  Multiculturalism and immigration are winning issues for the first party to embrace white American identity politics. Throw in gun rights, tax cuts, debt write-offs, and a credible anti-war stance, and you've suddenly got a party that is playing for keeps on the national stage.

3.  The Alt-Right does not consist of professional politicians more interested in their Washington careers than their nations.

4.  The Alt-Right is not a Potemkin opposition, it is a genuine one.

Lifting Spencer up as a "leader" may make you angry, but, on the other hand, Clinton isn't getting ready to deliver a speech denouncing Trump's ties to National Review.  

This is a win for us, a big one, even if aspects of it are infuriating.

#6 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 34983 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

View PostHell is other mice, on 23 August 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

Spencer is not one of the leading content creators on the Alt-Right. He might be second tier. But he does run PHALANX.

:lolnig:

#7 The Reich Stuff

The Reich Stuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

It is worth remembering that the Alt-Right is not just a bunch of bloggers linking each other. Radix / Red Ice / TRS and some others are all in contact behind the scenes and are coordinating with each other in private and we don't really know what's going on there and who (if anyone) is actually "leading" the content creators.

That's news to me. I'm only here because I've been given assurances that this whole operation is controlled by a secret command structure comprised of Ex-SS and former Pinochet regime officials.

#8 Mohel's Herpetic Stache

Mohel's Herpetic Stache

PrancingBlackMenVEVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1174 posts
  • How did you find MPC:a generous grant from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

It's bizarre, until we remember that journalists are people who drop out of English programs because they're too demanding. This might be the most addled and incompetent population to work with words; it's like there isn't even a rudimentary attempt to do 'research' beyond whatever the initial five minutes of frantic Googling turns up. All this despite it being easy enough for dabblers just getting into the alt-right to rapidly discover a whole plethora of sites, podcasts and shitlord Twitters to follow. It's a true testament to the sheer laziness of journalists tasked with writing about something that disinterests them. They can't even be bothered to expend effort against their sworn ideological enemies; instead we get a half-digested load of laughable nonsense about how we're birthers or something.

Here's another one, just posted:
https://www.theguard...rt-donald-trump

Richard Spencer, who coined the term “alt-right” in 2008:rolleyes:, says he intended the term to describe a diverse, heterodox group whose members were “deeply alienated, intellectually, even emotionally and spiritually, from American conservatism”.

I suspect Spencer's just very pro-active about contacting these venerable media institutions, but this is hysterical. What's the source on that- beyond Spencer, that is? Is the trickle-down media so useless, it's just collating the musings of our new homosexual Sturmabteilung? )and if that is the case, why not Bronze Age Pervert, a much better choice)

Just another reminder that when the Jew can't pair even a shtickle of innate ability with his big bowl of matzo nepotism, he amounts to nothing... merely a neurotic androgynous fart, scattered on the four winds

#9 Moxie

Moxie

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Timely
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, raped by Bill Cosby
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

Forget Dicky Spencer, the "alt-right" doesn't exist!

Devoted fans to Romney's water boy had this to say in support:

:gooncry:.tweet

More like the Pepsi 1893 of Conservatism :reviewbrah::sippin:

#10 I Mildly Touched Richard Dawkins

I Mildly Touched Richard Dawkins

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • How did you find MPC:At a Rubio Foam Party

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:31 PM

Spencer isnt the worst point of contact. Like Moldbug, he buries his hate under several truck loads of big words, esoterica, and other intellectual fetish material. The media has been so successful a5 portraying racists as gaptooth yokels that people like moldbug, BA, Spencer, Pman and so on who can string together interesting views circumvent the defense mechanisms.

Sailer and Vox Day are pretty good with this as well.  Its a potent attack.  You can easily mock/indoctrinate young shitlords pupae into tuning out some guy saying "naggers done gonna rape your women!" because they hear "the nagger-word" and stop listening.

But to block US, you need to teach them what we'll say, and "ignore anyone who says nagger" is easier than "statistics over decades showing blacks rape all th3le time are WRONG and heres why."

#11 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 34983 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

Spencer's jargon about "identitarianism" doesn't do one bit of good.  Everyone sees through it, it's a contrived argument that doesn't connect with people on an intuitive level (compare Sailer's equally contrived "citizenism").  He would be better off saying, "Sure, I'm racist, but according to social science we all are.  At least I'm not racist toward my own people like you, f****t blog boy."  Better he should take the weev approach and troll and insult them, rather than trying to come off as the most earnest good boy white nationalist, which doesn't sell and doesn't do us any good.  I'm not interested in coming across to some f****t blogger (which is all Weigel is) as earnest and reasonable.

Remember, there's no need to appeal to this dying form of media.  This is the current year, and these people are all filling column inches while the moving truck pulls up to take away the desks and credenzas.  They aren't the future and their base of readers is shrinking daily.  They need to be bullied, not cooperated with, trolled, not given cute sound bites.

And Spencer only does it to self-promote, because he is despite his age stuck in the past.  All the stuff he does is very stuck in the past thinking.

edit: and saying "like Moldbug" does not help make the case for Spencer at all

#12 Poop swastika connoisseur

Poop swastika connoisseur

Blogger

• Chaperoned
  • 44 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Heartiste
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

I would add vdare especially as part of the alt-right. Takis mag too

#13 Indian Toilet Witch

Indian Toilet Witch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMount Baekdu
  • How did you find MPC:i was always here
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

He is the leader in Good Hair though.

#14 TV KWA

TV KWA

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • How did you find MPC:Misread directions to the PHALANX bathhouse

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

#15 Mohel's Herpetic Stache

Mohel's Herpetic Stache

PrancingBlackMenVEVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1174 posts
  • How did you find MPC:a generous grant from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostHell is other mice, on 23 August 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

That's the history of the Alt-Right. It's not clear if Spencer brought in the LARPier ideologies as a cover for WNism or if he legitimately wanted to see who'd win.

I should clarify, I meant what's the source for him "coining the term alt-right" other than himself? I'm sure there are some internal PHALANX documents to cite, but I couldn't afford the $500 fee for access and body oil

I was pleased to see Mike Enoch and TRS get prime billing and a link in the Grauniad article I linked. Spencer is appearing in every mainstream article(wordfilter to dog dick screed) on the alt-right, happy to give the same soundbite about identitarianism, a white European ethnostate that no Europeans are remotely interested in, etc. He's warming up for a long and comfortable career as a token representative of this 'movement', the quirky outsider always happy for a bit of airtime. Maybe even mention the latest book at the end.

If possible, these journalists need to be steered towards people like weev. If they want the soundbite that badly, let it be something about how they deserve the rope. They'll print it without stopping to wonder how many readers might agree.

#16 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 34983 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostBurger with Judenfreis, on 23 August 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

If possible, these journalists need to be steered towards people like weev.

weev is smarter, more entertaining, and more likely to confuse and disorient journalists

#17 TV KWA

TV KWA

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • How did you find MPC:Misread directions to the PHALANX bathhouse

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

If possible, these journalists need to be steered towards people like weev.

:gooncry: A-a-and then, he told me to "open my jew wallet!"

#18 Hell is other mice

Hell is other mice

Another victim of the jizya

• Refugees Unwelcome
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:No

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostPLEASUREMAN, on 23 August 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Spencer's jargon about "identitarianism" doesn't do one bit of good.  Everyone sees through it, it's a contrived argument that doesn't connect with people on an intuitive level (compare Sailer's equally contrived "citizenism").  He would be better off saying, "Sure, I'm racist, but according to social science we all are.  At least I'm not racist toward my own people like you, f****t blog boy."  Better he should take the weev approach and troll and insult them, rather than trying to come off as the most earnest good boy white nationalist, which doesn't sell and doesn't do us any good.  I'm not interested in coming across to some f****t blogger (which is all Weigel is) as earnest and reasonable.

This criticism I agree with. I assume the European Identitarians came up with the term due to the legal limitations on talking about race. But I don't see the advantage of using it here. I am not at all confused about my identity, nor do I need to create one. I hear people talking about identity, I think of the gay movement.

I think that he pretty much chose it because it sounds more intellectual than the term "White Nationalist". He's not afraid of that term, but IMHO sees it as low brow, which it is, but no one has a better term.

I should clarify, I meant what's the source for him "coining the term alt-right" other than himself?

Richard Spencer and Collin Liddell created a website called alternative right in 2010, many of us have memories of shitposting on it. It wasn't that great, but the term stuck. And it was better than Moldbug.

So, he at least popularized the term.

Much of the modern Alt-Right probably came out of conservatism, rather than Spencer's specific site or offshoots of it.

But he does deserve some credit for the idea of creating a big tent which basically ends up as vehicle for white nationalism, rather than insisting on ideological purity right off the bat.

To attack the Alt-Right you have to wade through a sea of normies at this point, that's a very good thing. Non-Alt-Right Trump supporters now see attacks on Alt-Right as attacks on them, because it is so amorphous.

Spencer helped WNism outcompete Moldbug.

Edited by Hell is other mice, 23 August 2016 - 03:30 PM.

#19 Cinco Jotas

Cinco Jotas

El Caballero de la Triste Figura

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts
  • LocationUltima Thule
  • How did you find MPC:Udolpho

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostThe Reich Stuff, on 23 August 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

That's news to me. I'm only here because I've been given assurances that this whole operation is controlled by a secret command structure comprised of Ex-SS and former Pinochet regime officials.

Nah. Here's the real truth about the Alt-Right from someone who was on the inside:

I first heard about the Alt-Right (aka “The Trumpening” or just “TRUMP!”) last year, the year after I graduated from college and was interning at a conservative think tank. I briefly become involved with the Alt-Right and then left the movement in disgust. Here is what I learned:

– The Alt-Right is controlled by what the media call “Sith Lords”. You have more public Lords like Richard Spencer, Mike Enoch and Pleasureman, but there are even some Lords up higher whose names are not revealed. They say the Master Lord says ‘Et Ego in Arcadia’ which is an anagram for ‘Tego Arcana Dei’ (“I hide the secrets of God”).

– But only the media call them ‘Sith Lords’. In Inner Speak, they will often use phrases like the Men of Númenor or the Eldars.

– I never met any of the higher Eldars, but I did once meet an Eldar in Training. I don’t know his real name but people called him Legolas. He had long blond hair, was dressed like a 19th century count, and wore a pendant that had a cartoon frog on it.

– The movement is a weird mixture of ethno-nationalists, nazis, NEETs, PUAs (“pick-up artists” like Chateau Heartiste), Trad Catholics, Trad Protestants, etc. They all believe in HBD (what they call “human biodiversity” i.e. racism) but disagree on some other minor points.

– The religious people in the movement (both Christians and pagans) practice what is called “identitarian religion” (religion that doesn’t deny ethnic identity).

– Some of the rising stars of the Alt-Right on the internet seem to be The Right Stuff, My Posting Career, and FrogTwitter.

– The Alt-Right allegedly has millions of dollars of money to play with. They have a couple big donors. One is rumored to be a major tech tycoon in Silicon Valley. They actually had a private 3-day meeting on an island which was furnished with a French chef, etc. Different forms of formal attire were required for each day (tuxedos, 3-piece suits, etc), and some weird costumes were required too (capes, hoods, etc) — which sound like a pagan cult. (I wasn’t at this function but heard about it.)

– I was initiated into the first stages of the Alt-Right, which involved me stripping down naked so people could “inspect my phenotype”. I was then given a series of very personal questions, often relating to sexual matters and my best lifts. I was then told to put on a black cape. (I really regret doing this but at the time I was younger, more impressionable and eager to please.)

– For the initial oath taking, everyone must swear on a copy of Darwin’s Origin of Species, just to show their fidelity to HBD. After that, for the later oaths, seculars will swear again on Darwin, while Christians will swear on the Collected Works of Walker Percy, and pagans on the Prose Edda or Iliad.

– At one of the meetings I heard someone continuously chanting “gens alba conservanda est” (Latin for “the white race must be preserved”) and then others were chanting things in Anglo-Saxon, Old Norse and Old German, but I don’t know those languages so I can’t remember exactly what they were saying.

– They also have all their own secret handshakes and identifying code phrases ("Do you even lift, bro?"), and their own terminology (like SCALE, Fashy and Eat s**t Niglet).

– On the philosophical level, this movement is not entirely original. Much of it is borrowed from the Identitarian movement in Europe and the Cult of Harambe in the USA. They consider themselves populists, but are mostly just conservadads gone bad.

This whole movement is like a secret cult, which is why I left. Also, because of the valiant and brave efforts of people on the net exposing this movement, I saw this cult for the evil it truly is. Please stay away from it.

Edited by Cinco Jotas, 23 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#20 I Mildly Touched Richard Dawkins

I Mildly Touched Richard Dawkins

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • How did you find MPC:At a Rubio Foam Party

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

View PostPLEASUREMAN, on 23 August 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Remember, there's no need to appeal to this dying form of media.  This is the current year, and these people are all filling column inches while the moving truck pulls up to take away the desks and credenzas.  They aren't the future and their base of readers is shrinking daily.  They need to be bullied, not cooperated with, trolled, not given cute sound bites.

And Spencer only does it to self-promote, because he is despite his age stuck in the past.  All the stuff he does is very stuck in the past thinking.

I disagree. Looking at any discussion of "how I became fashy", a large majority of the stories are "I started reading Sailer/moldbug/spencer/some othe just outside the pale figure and ended up going all the way."

Given the educational systems focus on indoctrination, we need an unpozzing continuum.  I went, for example, from general conservatism to american digest to heartiste to here.

We need both sides.  Weev pushes the overton window rightwards at one end of the spectrum,  moldbug provides a "hey look Im an intellectual asking hard questions" at the other end. Reading 100 page esoteric discussions of monarchy lets the race/poz hatefacts bypass the indoctrinated censors under the guise of intellectual curiosity.

Back when I was a lefty, there was some thing that got passed around talking about the different types of commentators- some were debaters, some were nukers, etc.  You need all the types. Some weaken the legitimacy of the narrative with mockery, some provide alternate explanations to fill the gap. "Identarian" gives a wedge of pseudo-legitimacy that appeals to those on the cusp.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wapo, media whores, David Weigel, David Weigel: bad at his job, Trump, alt-right, Richard Spencer

MPC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.