Support the Official Forum of Donald J. Trump's Presidency
Getting a PHAT tax refund this year? Spare your loved ones the grief of wondering how it will be divided among them. Endorse that refund check over to your favorite Internet forum, the only family you need and the only family you truly have.

Bitcoins? Gift cards? Money orders? We take them! Click here for more details. Your contributions allow us to fund botnet armies that will downvote the African-American Panther movie while review aggregation site IT staff cry in frustration. MPC is the forum that will never be taken in by wall-eyed Vice reporters promising favorable coverage.

* * * * * 104 votes

The Donald Trump Presidential Archive
Megathread for the world's greatest Twitter troll and your next president

Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
37787 replies to this topic

#37521 Habakkuk Mucklewrath

Habakkuk Mucklewrath

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • How did you find MPC:ushered here by the Golem of Prague
  • Have you experienced sex?:Unanswered
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Personal fantasy

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

Secret society oligopolies of Alphas have indeed led in times past to painful periods of slag-flation

#37522 Kebab saving robot

Kebab saving robot

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Ricky Vaughn
  • Have you experienced sex?:No
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostHabakkuk Mucklewrath: Autism Has No Gender, on 03 August 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Secret society oligopolies of Alphas have indeed led in times past to painful periods of slag-flation

Previous administrations have proven all to effective at closing the thigh gap.

#37523 Cena JQanon

Cena JQanon

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Examining buttpiss
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, raped by dad
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:52 PM

Looking forward to the media spending three months explaining why BLS statistics are fake and gay, and somehow still getting the explanation entirely wrong in the process.

I had doubts about Trump taking ownership of the stock market and the jobs numbers, but he played his hand well. The BLS can play games with their revisions all they want but they needed to de-Obama their formulas and methods the day he took office. They f**ked up because they really never thought Trump could do it this easily.

Of course Trump knows the numbers are fake and gay because they are fake and gay. It don't matter. They can't stop this:

:trump: 4% unemployment baby. Get out and vote!

#37524 Gattara

Gattara

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Scratched into the wall of Emma Watson's basement

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

View PostCena Spicbiscuit, on 03 August 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Looking forward to the media spending three months explaining why BLS statistics are fake and gay, and somehow still getting the explanation entirely wrong in the process.

I had doubts about Trump taking ownership of the stock market and the jobs numbers, but he played his hand well. The BLS can play games with their revisions all they want but they needed to de-Obama their formulas and methods the day he took office. They f**ked up because they really never thought Trump could do it this easily.

Of course Trump knows the numbers are fake and gay because they are fake and gay. It don't matter. They can't stop this:

:trump: 4% unemployment baby. Get out and vote!

They are:

#37525 Hyperion

Hyperion

Soft Power Dividend Milker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • How did you find MPC:milking the soft power dividend
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostPLEASUREMAN, on 03 August 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

View PostMaster of Disaster, on 03 August 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

All polls are suspect in the Age of Trump.  The relentless media and cultural attacks encourage people to hide their true view of him when that view is positive.  The fact that the polls are close despite all the noise is probably a good sign, but again, all polls are suspect in the Age of Trump.

classic whistling past the graveyard...by your own reasoning, it's impossible that any poll would be a bad sign

It's not a popular statement around here, but the national polls in 2016 weren't that far off. Trump, as many of you may have heard from your local shrill old hag, didn't win the popular vote. He lost it by 2.1%. He only won by flipping three traditionally Democratic "blue wall" states: Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania (as if anyone here needs a reminder). He did so by razor thin margins. In other words, the national polls showing Hillary up by ~3-5 points weren't that far off.

There is one angle that hasn't been touched on here, and that is on election day he had abysmal approval ratings. He had nearly 60% disapproval ratings and was underwater by 20 points in the very election he won.

Posted Image

I'm not really all that sure what to make of the job approval/disapproval numbers for this reason. How reflective are they of how people will actually vote come 2020? How much of this is genuine disapproval, and how much of this is just people not paying attention closely? How much of that will go away once the Trump Campaign Machine starts really ramping up come late 2019?

Edited by Hyperion, 03 August 2018 - 09:07 PM.

#37526 kardashianistic_judenkulture

kardashianistic_judenkulture

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, raped by dad
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Unanswered

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:42 PM

#37527 Colonel Wompy

Colonel Wompy

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • How did you find MPC:by typing random urls into my netscape navigator
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, gay sex

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:53 AM

Without the hostile establishment media, Trump should have FDR levels of support in the broader MPC-White population. Without the hostile establishment, he would have an FDR level of legitimacy.

His key points: fight the trade war, disengage useless real wars, immigration, civic nationalism are perfect. These were no brainers in 2016, hell, in 2008 even.

And while a Wall was not built, he achieved tremendous results since he's been in office, and this summer was a winning streak like no other.

2016 was the Flight 93 election: vote for Trump or die. Trump ran on a negative message, which is usually a great motivator to get out and vote.

This November it's some Republican, and if you're unlucky, a cuckier one who will focus on positive things. That would be a bad omen, but fortunately the hostile establishment does the job for the Republicans to remind voters they're still on board Flight 93. The recent blatantly anti-white articles about New Hampshire, the white genocide chick at NYT, the stubborn doubling down they've got used to since the 1960s has a momentum so huge no Chuck Schumer can control.

They had 2 years to learn since Hillary fired up Trump's base by calling them "Deplorables". They did not learn.

As Leftists continue to call Trump Hitler, Nixon, Chamberlain, all I can see is FDR (ideological inanities aside). That should be the norm, and it takes a non-stop effort from a frantic minority to keep Americans away from the FDR-era experience they deserve. Even the damned managerial class should be celebrating, they don't have a valid reason not to.

No one's car would have been rammed for an FDR sticker in 1941. These people are dividing, poisoning America, these people are traitors.

Edited by Colonel Wompy, 04 August 2018 - 12:57 AM.

#37528 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 37429 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:23 AM

View PostColonel Wompy, on 04 August 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Without the hostile establishment media, Trump should have FDR levels of support in the broader MPC-White population. Without the hostile establishment, he would have an FDR level of legitimacy.

This is just special pleading.  Look, I love Trump.  He's my dream Republican.  When I enthusiastically welcomed his candidacy in summer 2015, I had no idea he'd be a tenth as based as he turned out to be.

But, come on--the very things that make me swoon about Trump are, at best, mixed qualities for the general public.  His Twitter bullying, his pointed mockery of opponents, his press bashing, his hardline stance on immigration, his whole rhetorical style--the reason you don't see politicians doing this stuff all the time is that these tactics turn off a lot of people.

We tend to forget that a hugely successful comedian or movie actor or musician is really only successful with a small portion of the public.  There are a lot of Rolling Stones fans, but they are vastly outnumbered by non-fans.  Well in politics this poses a problem, because unlike concert performances, elections involve a broad cross-section of people voting.

There's a case to be made that Trump's combative, divisive approach is still more effective than the alternative.  A very good case, I think.  But let's not kid ourselves, it has some downsides, and one of them is that someone like Trump is never going to be hugely popular.

You're also dramatically underplaying the opposition to FDR--many people absolutely detested him.  It's just that liberal f****t pedagogues sweep all that under the same rug as the suppression of Father Coughlin.  The times were not quiet.

#37529 Colonel Wompy

Colonel Wompy

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:51 AM

Trump has to use to stick or die. But there was a time when he was praised, and based on that he's equally comfortable with the carrot.

FDR could bulldoze his will through the American political system through a combination of an authoritarian approach to internal problems and the uniting power of an external threat. On the first one, he did deliver results, just like Trump.

It would have been horrible to be FDR's opposition, but eventually, the guy won on every front. There's a quality to winning.

Having this unprecedented, unrelenting suppression by the press and the swamp makes me wonder where Trump would be without it while achieving these results. Inheriting a declining nation, having a goal, a mandate, having a growing external threat, and a proportional support/opposition from the establishment.

He wouldn't be Reagan: Reagan was played by the swamp. FDR could play the swamp, and so does Trump.

How bad it would have had to be the opposition of FDR, even within the party? At one point it must have been clear this guy is guaranteed to win. At one point your best bet was to shut up or join his fight. History is told from his perspective even today. FDR came as close to GEOTUS as possible: overcoming term limits, ruling till the day he died with an internal and international carte blanche to do as he pleases, leaving a victorious empire behind.

Edited by Colonel Wompy, 04 August 2018 - 03:00 AM.

#37530 Heimat

Heimat

Forums Account Manager

• Chaperoned
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Seeking hate facts via Google

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:22 AM

#37531 House of Memes: Crack Addicted Public Official

House of Memes: Crack Addicted Public Official

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationA tolerant society where diversity is our strength
  • How did you find MPC:Udolpho

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:48 AM

How bad it would have had to be the opposition of FDR, even within the party? At one point it must have been clear this guy is guaranteed to win. At one point your best bet was to shut up or join his fight.

Not to go full history sperg, but that's pretty much what happened in the 1936 election.

Although some political pundits predicted a close race, Roosevelt went on to win the greatest electoral landslide since the beginning of the current two-party system in the 1850s. Roosevelt took 60.8% of the popular vote, while Landon won 36.5% and Lemke won just under 2%. Roosevelt carried every state except Maine and Vermont, which together cast eight electoral votes.

It helped that FDR was not facing a seasoned campaigner:

Landon proved to be an ineffective campaigner who rarely traveled. Most of the attacks on FDR and Social Security were developed by Republican campaigners rather than Landon himself. In the two months after his nomination he made no campaign appearances.

#37532 Pickup Autist: Khazar Milker Inspector

Pickup Autist: Khazar Milker Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts
  • How did you find MPC:wandered as e-refugee

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostDoctor Sardonicus, on 03 August 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

View PostNathan, on 03 August 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Regarding chicks with big racks, I can't find any SCIENCE! papers about it (BEAUTY IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT BIGOT), but anecdotally young liberal chicks tend to be middling attractive. I propose a boob-shaped relationship between female beauty and conservatism.

This is the TRUMP thread, not the Roissy Overflow Thread.

MODS - pls move to trashworld.

#37533 TEO: Right-Wing Black Ops Master

TEO: Right-Wing Black Ops Master

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Heartiste

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:25 AM

Landon proved to be an ineffective campaigner who rarely traveled. Most of the attacks on FDR and Social Security were developed by Republican campaigners rather than Landon himself. In the two months after his nomination he made no campaign appearances.
So this is where the Hillary school of campaigning came from. :lol:

#37534 based_swede

based_swede

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Browsing Trump web

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostHouse of Memes: Crack Addicted Public Official, on 04 August 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

How bad it would have had to be the opposition of FDR, even within the party? At one point it must have been clear this guy is guaranteed to win. At one point your best bet was to shut up or join his fight.

Not to go full history sperg, but that's pretty much what happened in the 1936 election.

Although some political pundits predicted a close race, Roosevelt went on to win the greatest electoral landslide since the beginning of the current two-party system in the 1850s. Roosevelt took 60.8% of the popular vote, while Landon won 36.5% and Lemke won just under 2%. Roosevelt carried every state except Maine and Vermont, which together cast eight electoral votes.

It helped that FDR was not facing a seasoned campaigner:

The 30s were a re-alignment period. It was impossible for Landon to win that election no matter how he had campaigned. The Col. doesn't understand this but the media in the 30s were largely conservative (as in opposed to Roosevelt) but he managed to win big anyway. They thought he'd be a one-term president.

The experts all agreed that Reagan was going to be a one-term president, then he won 49 states. That was also a re-alignment of sorts.

If the democrats keep pushing the same line as before 2016 Trump's re-election is assured. The problem (it seems to me) is that the Trump-train is dragged along by Trump himself and him alone (and MPC). FDR had a whole new education/welfare/regulation-establishment in the making behind him.

#37535 Blaire White's Fiance

Blaire White's Fiance

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostColonel Wompy, on 04 August 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

FDR could play the swamp

The f**k are you talking about? FDR MADE the swamp.

#37536 Tariff Pillow Talk with RexLex

Tariff Pillow Talk with RexLex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Cinco Jotas

Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:12 AM

Brutal neg.

TRIGGER WARNING

#37537 Born Again Virginian

Born Again Virginian

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I don't remember

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostRexLex Fifty thousand unstoppable watts, on 04 August 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Brutal neg.

TRIGGER WARNING

:lol: Trump really is rubbing off on his people. I find new reasons to love this timeline everyday.

#37538 WaffleHouseBlues

WaffleHouseBlues

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1079 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Molested by Harvey Weinstein and Didn't get An Oscar Nod
  • Have you experienced sex?:Considered gayness

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:56 AM

From the files of "Truck drivers who aren't learning to code.

Halliburton, the second largest provider of oilfield services after Schlumberger, is adding more than 175 jobs a month, hiring executives say. Redman said people with commercial drivers' licenses are in particular demand, but numerous attendees at the jobs fair do not have that license.

Kenneth McGowan, 21, drove 12 hours from Mississippi with five friends, some just above the legal age to work for Halliburton, to apply for oilfield jobs.

Like many in attendance, they heard about the fair through a Facebook advertisement. McGowan, who works as a stocker at a Walmart, hopes to find a job providing cementing services for wells.

“I’m not worried about the long hours,” said McGowan, who is supporting a 3-year-old daughter. He does not have a commercial driver's license, but said he is prepared to get one if needed.

The rush to apply for commercial drivers' licenses comes as demand for truck drivers, in the oil industry and elsewhere, has driven up wages for anyone with the license.

Frank Hardin of Tennessee, who previously drove trucks delivering sand with Amerifield Inc, said he recently landed a job as a driver CIG Logistics.

Instead of getting paid per load delivered, he now has a salaried position with CIG, which starts workers at as much as $85,000 with full benefits. Hardin welcomes the change

https://ca.news.yaho...2--finance.html

Trump bringing back livable wages.

#37539 Colonel Wompy

Colonel Wompy

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

View PostBlaire White, on 04 August 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

FDR could play the swamp

Into his image.

It wasn't ancapistan before him. I do recall some kind of alcohol prohibition preceding him, among many loony things. And a crisis. Trump has FDR potential, and rolling back the past 50 years won't happen without FDR levels of authoritarianism. And FDR levels of popular support.

We've all read the managerial class thread, some even the book, chill. I went from 8 upvotes to 0 on the same message because PMAN slightly disagreed in a reply and people scroll top to down. Ease up, there's a valuable message. I like this model, play with it a bit. No need to be so jumpy when we OUR winning.

Edited by Colonel Wompy, 04 August 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#37540 Quads: Clown World Symbologist

Quads: Clown World Symbologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostColonel Wompy, on 04 August 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostBlaire White, on 04 August 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

FDR could play the swamp

Into his image.

While DC was a nation's capital and therefore had the requisite political toadies, it really wasn't anything like it is today. DC used to be a sleepy backwater town, even until Obama there wasn't a lot of money in it. FDR did more than anybody to turn the government into a managerialist state, where technocrats and "nonpartisan experts" came to acquire political power. It's hard to really attribute the swamp to any one president but FDR is the one who really expanded the executive branch beyond the power of the presidents to control.

I do recall some kind of alcohol prohibition preceding him, among many loony things.

Prohibition was an interesting early example of racial conflict in America. A lot of it was driven by racial animus against Irish immigrants, blacks, and other drinking minority groups. A lot of the political drive for Prohibition was enabled when women got the right to vote. (Prohibition made for odd bedfellows, klansmen and black women working together to stop black men from drinking is just one example.) It's a classic example of a culture war issue waged over the forms of the people when the spirit is really the issue. It also helped that the Anti-Saloon League was one of the most effective political groups ever built in American history. Wayne B. Wheeler lead it to success after success by developing a swing-voter base that cared only restricting alcohol, then bartering endorsements from the ASL in exchange for support from the politicians. (The ASL is a great model for anybody who wants to study how to effectively organize change in a Democracy.)

Edited by Quads: Clown World Symbologist, 04 August 2018 - 01:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donald Trump

MPC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.