Support the Official Forum of Donald J. Trump's Presidency
Getting a PHAT tax refund this year? Spare your loved ones the grief of wondering how it will be divided among them. Endorse that refund check over to your favorite Internet forum, the only family you need and the only family you truly have.

Bitcoins? Gift cards? Money orders? We take them! Click here for more details. Your contributions allow us to fund botnet armies that will downvote the African-American Panther movie while review aggregation site IT staff cry in frustration. MPC is the forum that will never be taken in by wall-eyed Vice reporters promising favorable coverage.

* * * * * 104 votes

The Donald Trump Presidential Archive
Megathread for the world's greatest Twitter troll and your next president

Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
37787 replies to this topic

#37501 Tariff Pillow Talk with RexLex

Tariff Pillow Talk with RexLex

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Cinco Jotas
  • Have you experienced sex?:Unanswered
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:55 AM

View PostQuads: Clown World Symbologist, on 02 August 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

I don't think Trump's approval matters anyways. It never did, didn't matter in the primary at all. Also not enough to look at approval for Republicans or approval for Democrats. This is a divisive age, nobody is popular. There is no united public consensus for politicians to tap into. What matters is whether people would rather vote for Trump or against Trump. A lot of people will tut-tut Trump's style then quietly enjoy the benefits. Probably more than the media would admit, probably less than some here would like.

What matters is turnout. In the "Like" and "Upvote" age, transforming those casual opinions into action at the voting booth is really what it is about.

I suspect Trump is using immigration and Kavanaugh as motivators to get people to the polls in the midterms. Certainly his base. It will also motivate the Left a bit, but he's played so much emotional rope-a-dope with them the last 2 years, I wonder how many shitlibs that aren't paid through Obama and Soros subsidiaries will actually bother to show up to vote, where it matters (contested seats).

The Left is great at organizing protests but they haven't shown themselves equally competent at organizing electoral victory. Certainly not in 2010, 2014, or 2016.

This isn't a "Trust Trump" thing, but I am not going to bet against a guy who has an air of Divine Providence and Serendipity about him.

#37502 Master of Disaster

Master of Disaster

Blogger

• Chaperoned
  • 6 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:No
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Unanswered

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:00 AM

View PostPLEASUREMAN, on 02 August 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

View PostQuads: Clown World Symbologist, on 02 August 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Gallup and Quinnipiac may be right, but who cares? That only means he's -20 in California and New York and +5 everywhere else. That's what happened in the election, the national polls were on and the state polls were off. They assumed the states would vote like the nation so they got Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, Texas and more off by 5.

There isn't one electorate anymore. You have the nation and you have the cities.

I agree some of Trump's opposition is lopsided in liberal urban areas--one more anti-Trump vote in Maxine Waters' district is meaningless in terms of Congressional makeup (this is why Trump won despite not getting a majority of votes--some of which were no doubt illegally cast).

However Rasmussen is well known to have a pro-Republican bias and people here should be honest about it.  Their polling is not particularly accurate.

All polls are suspect in the Age of Trump.  The relentless media and cultural attacks encourage people to hide their true view of him when that view is positive.  The fact that the polls are close despite all the noise is probably a good sign, but again, all polls are suspect in the Age of Trump.

#37503 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 37429 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

View PostChrome, on 02 August 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

Rasmussen is unusual in that they only poll self-described "likely voters," a group that skews noticeably Republican. Rasmussen did the best on the 2016 election. Their final poll average had Clinton up 1.7%. Final popular vote tally was 2.1%.

Probably best to focus on general trends rather than snapshots.

Rasmussen always makes last minute adjustments to their polling to bring it in line with other polls.  This is one of the scams they pull to claim accuracy.  Taking them at face value now will set you up for disappointment.  But as has already been stated, there's reason to believe the national numbers aren't meaningful here--if Republicans won all the Trump districts from 2016, they'd be sitting pretty (this probably won't happen).

We'll have a better idea how things are going in late September.

#37504 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

"Jew Lover From MPC"

• Administrators
  • 37429 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostMaster of Disaster, on 03 August 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

All polls are suspect in the Age of Trump.  The relentless media and cultural attacks encourage people to hide their true view of him when that view is positive.  The fact that the polls are close despite all the noise is probably a good sign, but again, all polls are suspect in the Age of Trump.

classic whistling past the graveyard...by your own reasoning, it's impossible that any poll would be a bad sign

#37505 Shrill

Shrill

MPC Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, gay sex

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

View PostPLEASUREMAN, on 03 August 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

classic whistling past the graveyard...by your own reasoning, it's impossible that any poll would be a bad sign

Careful Pman, you seem to be doing good analysis here, but you left out the part about the voters with great cans. What of them? Surely they're bellwethers more powerful than any opinion pollster.

#37506 Tariff Pillow Talk with RexLex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:05 AM

Old but good. Classic.

#37507 GhostfaceCracka

GhostfaceCracka

knight commander of the order of oat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5064 posts
  • Locationsoutheast virginia
  • How did you find MPC:Mencius Moldbug

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

View PostShrill, on 03 August 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

View PostUnprofessional Behaviorist, on 02 August 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

The political realignment has put all the dudes with big muscles and the babes with huge tits on the same side. Left and right are no longer about divides on pragmatic questions, as the "left" is largely a bunch of broken freaks who are lashing out with inchoate rage against everyone they feel is responsible for their own self-loathing.

^^^What is it about high-consensus environments that makes otherwise intelligent people say such inane things?

This is just retarded, I'm sorry.

Imagine formulating this in your mind, walking over to a keyboard and fuckin typing it.

Ruminating at the breakfast table, stirring the yogurt into the grape nuts, looking at the microwave clock, asking onesself:

"I wonder who in politics the babes with huge tits favor? How about the men with big muscles? Why its the same one as me!"

And with this, the ancient MPC tradition of the Summer of Beef returns to life!

All you new posters downvoting Shrill are pissing on the graves of your e-ancestors :lolno:

#37508 (((SINISTER NAZI ECHO)))

(((SINISTER NAZI ECHO)))

Amphibian-Deconversion Therapist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2826 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I got shadowbanned from all other platforms

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:53 AM

Rasmussen is trying to help Republicans by doing a little home cooking, we all know Gallup and Quinnipiac are the Democrat home-cooking polls. There's always going to be the bullshitters trying to Speak It Into Reality and not doing straight up polling. It happens.

I think the encouraging takeaway is its been all-out mainstream media war against President Trump on a level and with a price tag that no American politician has ever had to put up with, probably not even :bush: had to eat this much s**t. The mainstream media didn't spend two years saying he was secretly in on it with Osama Bin Laden.

Despite all that, President Trump's approval rating starts with 4 instead of 2. The Big Six media outfits in America thought Donald Trump would be tarred and feathered, out of office and possibly in a jail cell by now.

Also, it doesn't appear to be destroying the Republicans nationally in these generic ballot polls. f**k BLORMPF is working, but its not a triumph. By polling numbers, an aggregated Generic Ballot Lead for the Democrats as reported by RealClearPolitics used to be routinely in the double digits and sometimes north of 15 points. Now a double digit Generic Ballot Lead poll is not the aggregate but rather is an outlier in one poll and the Generic Ballot Lead is to single digits now.

Edited by (((SINISTER NAZI ECHO))), 03 August 2018 - 09:55 AM.

#37509 Tariff Pillow Talk with RexLex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

Related to the Chads and Staceys comments upthread: Glenn Jacobs, aka WWE pro wrestler Kane, wins Knox County mayoral race

Glenn Jacobs, the conservative small business owner best known as the professional wrestler Kane, defeated Democratic nominee Linda Haney in the Knox County mayoral race on Thursday, according to unofficial returns.

Speaking to attendees of his watch party at Crowne Plaza in downtown Knoxville, Jacobs said he doesn't normally use wrestling analogies for a campaign.

"But this professional wrestler got into a no-holds-barred, last-man-standing match, and when the bell rung, he was victorious," he said. "We were victorious."

Posted Image

:trump: I was talking to SBA Linda McMahon, and we think that the WWE has more people in government than the DSA. Sad!

#37510 Heimat

Heimat

Forums Account Manager

• Chaperoned
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Seeking hate facts via Google

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

Unemployment Fell as Job Creation Slowed a Bit in July, Huge Upward Revisions for June and May

The U.S. economy added another 157,000 jobs in July and the unemployment rate fell to 3.9 percent, according to a Labor Department report Friday.
Economists had expected a nonfarm payrolls gain of 190,000 and the jobless rate to tick down to 3.9 percent.

Nonfarm payroll growth for June was revised up to 248,000 from 213,000. May’s jobs were revised to 268,000 from 244,000. So what seems to have happened is that many of the jobs that were expected in July were actually created in prior months.

Manufacturing added 37,000 jobs, with most of the gain in the durable goods component.  Over the past 12 months, manufacturing has added 327,000 jobs.  Construction added 19,000 jobs and has increased by 308,000 over the year.

One reason job creation may have slower: the closing of Toys R Us. The category for toy and hobby stores fell by 32,000 workers.

Wage gains were muted. Average hourly earnings showed an annual gain of 2.7 percent and a 0.3 percent gain from the prior month. June’s wage gains, however, were revised down to 0.1 percent from 0.2 percent, showing that wage gains remain very low even though the unemployment rate is very low.

The total number of employed people in the United States now stands at 157,004,000 and the labor participation rate rose to 63.5 percent. On a seasonally adjusted basis, however, the participation rate was unchanged.

The ratio of prime working age population to employment, 25-54, also improved, rising to 79.5 percent, the highest in over 10 years.

https://www.breitbar...onfarmpayrolls/

#37511 Designated Spreadsheeter

Designated Spreadsheeter

Blogger

• Chaperoned
  • 21 posts
  • How did you find MPC:NRA newsletter

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostRexLex Fifty thousand unstoppable watts, on 03 August 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

:trump: I was talking to SBA Linda McMahon, and we think that the WWE has more people in government than the DSA. Sad!
Just wait until Hogan steps in as a dem and then politics becomes nothing more than a NWO /WWF feud rehash.

#37512 Racist Gary Snyder: Panglossian Bigot

Racist Gary Snyder: Panglossian Bigot

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • How did you find MPC:like a breath of fresh air in a zoo
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Personal fantasy

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

Rick Flair/ Arn Anderson is going to DESTROY the dems (Midnight Express with Jim Cornette)

#37513 Nathan

Nathan

Computer Expert

• Chaperoned
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Heartiste

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

View PostShrill, on 03 August 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

View PostUnprofessional Behaviorist, on 02 August 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

The political realignment has put all the dudes with big muscles and the babes with huge tits on the same side. Left and right are no longer about divides on pragmatic questions, as the "left" is largely a bunch of broken freaks who are lashing out with inchoate rage against everyone they feel is responsible for their own self-loathing.

^^^What is it about high-consensus environments that makes otherwise intelligent people say such inane things?

This is just retarded, I'm sorry.

Imagine formulating this in your mind, walking over to a keyboard and fuckin typing it.

Ruminating at the breakfast table, stirring the yogurt into the grape nuts, looking at the microwave clock, asking onesself:

"I wonder who in politics the babes with huge tits favor? How about the men with big muscles? Why its the same one as me!"

Agreed, except for the fact that Unprofessional Behaviorist is right.

The correlation between physical strength and conservatism has been studied by SCIENCE! f****ts a bit (here's one paper about upper-body strength and redistribution), but it is also anecdotally obvious.

Regarding chicks with big racks, I can't find any SCIENCE! papers about it (BEAUTY IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT BIGOT), but anecdotally young liberal chicks tend to be middling attractive. I propose a boob-shaped relationship between female beauty and conservatism.

:mystery: Hot enough to f**k an alpha, but not hot enough to keep him around

#37514 Borrin Goldbags: Powerful Trade Advocate

Borrin Goldbags: Powerful Trade Advocate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Heard URL on the Nixon Tapes
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

View PostDesignated Spreadsheeter, on 03 August 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

View PostRexLex Fifty thousand unstoppable watts, on 03 August 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Just wait until Hogan steps in as a dem and then politics becomes nothing more than a NWO /WWF feud rehash.

:trump: WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN 30 MILLION MAGA BROTHERS RUN WILD ON YOU?!

(WWE derails = best derails)

#37515 No-One of Consequence

No-One of Consequence

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • How did you find MPC:MPC posters on Gab.ai
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

View PostShrill, on 03 August 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

Careful Pman, you seem to be doing good analysis here, but you left out the part about the voters with great cans. What of them? Surely they're bellwethers more powerful than any opinion pollster.

I was just remembering awhile back, some budding genius and no-doubt power lifting superman once published a paper comparing average hotness of prostitutes versus local economic conditions.  As the economy got worse, prostitutes got better looking.  I believe the paper closed with the theory that, in good economic times, good looking women (which no doubt includes most of chestedly advantaged) can simply find a boyfriend to take care of them, but in bad economic times, those men were in too short of supply.  More study was needed.

#37516 Eichenwald: The Legend of GayStroke

Eichenwald: The Legend of GayStroke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Tay, the racist and sexist AI chatbot.

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:30 PM

View PostNo-One of Consequence, on 03 August 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

I was just remembering awhile back, some budding genius and no-doubt power lifting superman once published a paper comparing average hotness of prostitutes versus local economic conditions.  As the economy got worse, prostitutes got better looking.  I believe the paper closed with the theory that, in good economic times, good looking women (which no doubt includes most of chestedly advantaged) can simply find a boyfriend to take care of them, but in bad economic times, those men were in too short of supply.  More study was needed.

:glibertarian: The Hooker hOtness Titty Scale

We'll all know boom times are here when the T.H.O.T.S are getting low.

Edited by Eichenwald: The Legend of GayStroke, 03 August 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#37517 Guardian of Zion

Guardian of Zion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • How did you find MPC:MPC found me
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:I don't understand the question

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostNo-One of Consequence, on 03 August 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

View PostShrill, on 03 August 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

Hard times create big milkers. Big milkers create good times. Good times create small milkers. Small milkers create hard times.

This is the essence of the Counterrevolution.

#37518 Shrill

Shrill

MPC Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, gay sex

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

Physiognomy is real. Gravity is real, too. But I'll be a sonofabitch if I'm gonna log onto my favorite website after a day's work and see a post that's the equivalent of "if you think about it, the great thing about gravity is that it makes things fall into place" and not call a spade a spade.

Women with big titties and men with big muscles have always been on the same side of the most important issues (like me being a better poster than whoever that was).

Edited by Shrill, 03 August 2018 - 12:39 PM.

#37519 Doctor Sardonicus

Doctor Sardonicus

disgusting new Board Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Strangled a man while contemplating the Phaistos Disc

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

View PostNathan, on 03 August 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Regarding chicks with big racks, I can't find any SCIENCE! papers about it (BEAUTY IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT BIGOT), but anecdotally young liberal chicks tend to be middling attractive. I propose a boob-shaped relationship between female beauty and conservatism.

This is the TRUMP thread, not the Roissy Overflow Thread.

MODS - pls move to trashworld.

#37520 Rutger Kipling

Rutger Kipling

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Udolpho's post about nerds

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Downvoting Shrill?  Morons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donald Trump

MPC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.