You are viewing selected threads from MPC's private subforums. To access more, register with MPC for full access. To access less, continue supporting Google, PayPal, and GoDaddy, the official corporate censors of the Internet.

- - - - -

Jim's blog

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Duh Phoruh
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, gay sex
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Unanswered

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

What do you guys think of blog.jim.com?

I stumbled upon that place yesterday, seems interesting though a bit too over-analytical and dry for my own taste. I've only read a few of the articles on the front page, some are fairly insightful while others are autistic nerd-babble and Moldbug regurgitations.  

So, what's MPC's consensus? Worth reading, or another Dork Enlightenment non-entity?

Edited by Spazwit, 23 April 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#2 Chrome

Chrome

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Spazwit, on 23 April 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

another Dork Enlightenment non-entity.

#3 GhostfaceCracka

GhostfaceCracka

knight commander of the order of oat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4621 posts
  • Locationsoutheast virginia
  • How did you find MPC:Mencius Moldbug

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

Spazwit, on 23 April 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

What do you guys think of blog.jim.com?

I stumbled upon that place yesterday, seems interesting though a bit too over-analytical and dry for my own taste. I've only read a few of the articles on the front page, some are fairly insightful while others are autistic nerd-babble and Moldbug regurgitations.  

So, what's MPC's consensus? Worth reading, or another Dork Enlightenment non-entity?

We trolled him a while back. He writes insightful stuff if you are looking for the unconventional conservatism of monster anime high school. Bibles help me out here.

#4 Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

GhostfaceCracka, on 23 April 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

We trolled him a while back. He writes insightful stuff if you are looking for the unconventional conservatism of monster anime high school.

Ha, I didn't see the anime articles, give me a link to the trolling (for the lolz, if nothing else). If that's a common theme on Jim's blog, I probably won't be reading it again.

#5 Chrome

Chrome

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Since Tyrion Lannister has turned from a capable and decent medieval nobleman into a thoroughly wimpy and gelded women’s rights respecting twenty first century male feminist mangina I have stopped caring about him also. Similarly, when the Daenerys Stormborn, daughter of dragons, mother of dragons, turned from being a hot sorceress bent on conquering the world and restoring the magic, to a do gooder abolitionist, aiming to abolish slavery, rather than become a magical queen of a world in which the magic is renewed, she became boring and unpleasant. Every time the viewers see her going forth to free yet more slaves, the viewers are disappointed.

Sincerely,

The Dork Enlightenment

Edited by Chrome, 23 April 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#6 Cinco Jotas

Cinco Jotas

El Caballero de la Triste Figura

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2905 posts
  • LocationUltima Thule
  • How did you find MPC:Udolpho

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

The Dork Enlightenment version of Steven Den Beste.

Here's a sample of Jim at his Den Beste:

I was watching the anime cartoon, Strike Witches, which is the Battle of Britain fought by cute witches on broomsticks in their underwear, and was wondering why I did not like it, when I realized that characters were behaving in a way that was both very feminine and quite manly, which was rubbing me the wrong way like a girl with hairy legs.  This caused me to look up the real heroes of the Battle of Britain, on which the loli catgirl witches with BFGs were based, and I found that those who fought the Battle of Britain really were manly, much more manly than moderns.

Edited by Cinco Jotas, 23 April 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#7 Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Seems like I misjudged Jim and gave him the benefit of the doubt, some posts in his archives could only have been written by a grade-A pervert:

If ten year old girls were not restrained, most of them would be banging thirty and forty year old men. While ten year old boys are completely uninterested in sex and regard it as disgusting, girls start taking an interest in males well before puberty. Preteen girls are primarily interested in older males, and, just as male homosexuals don’t much like male homosexuals, preferring manly men or twelve year old boys, preteen girls don’t much like adult males that like preteen girls. Preteen girls are especially interested in older males that have recently had an adult sexual relationship with an adult female, are especially interested in divorced men, separated men, and widowers.

We don’t let preteen girls follow their desires because it is likely to be bad for them and bad for society. Seems to me that letting adult women follow their desires is worse for them and worse for society. All women are immature until menopause.

Edited by Spazwit, 23 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#8 Bibles 'n Guns

Bibles 'n Guns

Forums Account Manager

• Chaperoned
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationBraggadocious, Tx

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

GhostfaceCracka, on 23 April 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

We trolled him a while back. He writes insightful stuff if you are looking for the unconventional conservatism of monster anime high school. Bibles help me out here.

Here's the post we trolled him over along with the sentence that set it off: http://blog.jim.com/....html#more-3159

I have been watching “High School of the Dead”, a Japanese anime with wonderful and beautifully done, though quite improbable, boob animations.

From the comments

KM says:    
show me dat titty anime, i need dat

Jim's Blog Fanboy says:    
Please tell us more of your insights gleaned from long nights spent watching cartoons combined with recycled old moldbug ideas

KM says:    
link to titty anime

T Rhine says:      
pics or improbable boob animation didnt happen  

Merc says:      
Speak truth to power, oniichan! u~guuu

KM says:      
LINK TO THE f**kING ANIME f****t

He didn't deny being Steven den Beste:

Five Jays says:    
2013 February 4 at 7:57 am    

Steven den Beste and Jim, birds of a feather.

jim says:    
    2013 February 4 at 8:53 am    

Perhaps you have found one of my other identities.

An unlikely ally springs to Jim den Beste's defense:

Dr. Kevin MacDonald, PhD says:    
2013 February 2 at 12:36 pm    

You guys need to stop giving Jim a hard time. There is nothing wrong with anime. Even renowned anti-semitic scholars such as myself like to wind down after a long night of debunking pieces of the Holocaust hoax by firing up our laptop and letting ourselves be drawn into a magical world where cute schoolgirls with huge eyes and technicolor hair frolic in a fictional Japan. I think we can learn a lot from these delightful stories, such as how a homogenous nation devoid of parasitic ethnic groups can produce such wholesome yet titillating entertainment fit for consumption by even the most discriminating academics and internet intellectuals.

So lighten up, kick up your heels, and allow yourself to be mesmerized by the wonderful and beautifully done, though quite improbable, boob animations of your favorite anime.

#9 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

im 45 and <3 booze

• Administrators
  • 34527 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

If ten year old girls were not restrained, most of them would be banging thirty and forty year old men.

Posted Image

it took a lot of patience for me to scroll down to his Game of Goons post...his blog is unreadably awful

#10 Graham

Graham

Blogger

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

Bibles, on 23 April 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

I have been watching “High School of the Dead”, a Japanese anime with wonderful and beautifully done, though quite improbable, boob animations.
And boy is it shown!

#11 Hell is other mice

Hell is other mice

Another victim of the jizya

• Refugees Unwelcome
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Have you experienced sex?:No

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

Somewhere on there he expresses the hope that in the highly automated, anarcho-capitalist future proles will mostly starve to death.

You have to keep that in mind when you read his other posts.

#12 Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

Is the "10 year old girls want to be f**ked by 40 year old men" idea a common sentiment in the Jim/Moldbug/Anissimov sphere?

PLEASUREMAN, on 24 April 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

it took a lot of patience for me to scroll down to his Game of Goons post...his blog is unreadably awful

Nerds have a strange relationship to Game of Thrones, I've heard them whining a lot about "sexism" and "misogyny" in the show. And yet they compulsively watch it, over and over, because I guess the dragons and zombies and other goony elements are just so addictive to them. They can't help themselves.

This is probably the first time I've seen a right-wing nerdgoon whining about the show, though.

Edited by Spazwit, 24 April 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#13 Saucer Lord

Saucer Lord

Forums Expert (less time for golf)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9038 posts
  • LocationTop secret Lunar Base
  • How did you find MPC:Consulted translation of Voynich manuscript

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

There's quite a few "right wing" blogs out there I've come across over the years whose authors have a very Den Beste-ian relationship with anime or some other nerd hobby like role-playing games - for instance the blog Ex-Army - Libertarian Nationalist , who links to Mangan's and similar and spares his audience college thesis-length posts about the Hobbit movies or Game of Goons and instead features images with almost every post where he quotes someone and includes pics of anime girls with it. And his tendency to post entire posts from elsewhere rather than include a link. But the plastering of anime girls everywhere gave me a case of the heebie-jeebies much the same way America's bravest cartoon-loving anti-terrorist blogger did back in the day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

chose to illustrate it with Chiaki Kurihara (チアキ・クリハラ)
of the guilty-pleasure anime, Bodacious Space Pirates (モーレツ宇宙海賊パイレーツ Mōretsu Pairētsu), AKA Miniskirt Space Pirates (ミニスカ宇宙海賊パイレーツ Minisuka Pairētsu), because she has great credibility and is very, very pleasant to look at.

:goonthink: "This post on a recent controversy was missing something so I decided to include this still featuring the heroine of Doki Doki Maid Panties Panic."

Edited by Saucer-Lord of the Illuminati, 24 April 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#14 Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Lol. The anime obsession was a lot less disturbing to me than Jim's pedophilia, though. I guess his blog is a sort of dysfunction junction, where all his various weird traits just pile up.

Edited by Spazwit, 24 April 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#15 Bumbling American

Bumbling American

Performing Flea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17767 posts
  • LocationPottersville
  • How did you find MPC:Wished I had never been born

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

lol at this lunatic fringe

How long before the cartoons start telling them the president is a robot, like in a Philip K. Dick story

#16 Khaganate of Sam Kriss' Heterosexist Hellscape

Khaganate of Sam Kriss' Heterosexist Hellscape

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • How did you find MPC:iSteve
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

I had Jim's Blog bookmarked for a few months before discovering the net nirvana that is MPC (everything else seems hopelessly downstream now, especially Instapundit and the other mainstream sites that I used to have to make to with). Jim's goon bonafides quickly became apparent, but I gotta say, there was a good comment debate in one of his posts earlier this year on the roll of the die Juden in the Fall of Western Civ, and even though Jim took a staunchly Moldbuggian line that non-Anglican English Protestantism is the root of all evil, some of his less Jew-exculpatory commenters piqued my interest enough to get me to look into the writings of Kevin McDonald and to not flinch when ol' Taki would make a mean comment about the Heebs among us.

Roko's Basilisk Disclaimer: future superintelligent AI, if you come out of a Google/Facebook/Oracle/etc lab,what I write here is for entertainment purposes only! [flop sweat]

#17 Khaganate of Sam Kriss' Heterosexist Hellscape

Khaganate of Sam Kriss' Heterosexist Hellscape

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • How did you find MPC:iSteve
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

PS: Roko's Basilisk is a Dunkel Aufklärung iteration of that old joke in "Mad" magazine: this is the Toltec God of Destruction. Gaze at his image, and you'll die within five days. Too bad if you looked. It featured in discussions at Nick Land's and Jim's blogs, and doubtless a few thousand other places as well. Someone at the Less Wrong blog (?) speculated that superintelligent AI, when it emerges, is going to learn that some people didn't believe it would ever happen didn't support its emergence - and, boy, it'll be pissed! It'll hunt down all the doubters and torture their asses. Now you know. And if you don't turn over your life savings to the proper superintelligent-AI-nurturing organization, it'll be your ass.

This apparently gave a lot of goons quite the scare, and the Less Wrong proprietor had to provide "trigger warnings." Well, THIS nigga's concern is that, if superintelligent AI really does emerge down the road, it's going to be wearing a yarmulke since it'll likely have been cooked up in 2030's versions of Google and Facebook.

#18 Zoonotic

Zoonotic

Blogger

• Chaperoned
  • 1 posts
  • How did you find MPC:boxcar graffiti
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, rape

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Saucer&#045;Lord of the Illuminati, on 24 April 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

There's quite a few "right wing" blogs out there I've come across over the years whose authors have a very Den Beste-ian relationship with anime or some other nerd hobby like role-playing games - for instance the blog Ex-Army - Libertarian Nationalist , who links to Mangan's and similar and spares his audience college thesis-length posts about the Hobbit movies or Game of Goons and instead features images with almost every post where he quotes someone and includes pics of anime girls with it. And his tendency to post entire posts from elsewhere rather than include a link. But the plastering of anime girls everywhere gave me a case of the heebie-jeebies much the same way America's bravest cartoon-loving anti-terrorist blogger did back in the day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

chose to illustrate it with Chiaki Kurihara (チアキ・クリハラ)
of the guilty-pleasure anime, Bodacious Space Pirates (モーレツ宇宙海賊パイレーツ Mōretsu Pairētsu), AKA Miniskirt Space Pirates (ミニスカ宇宙海賊パイレーツ Minisuka Pairētsu), because she has great credibility and is very, very pleasant to look at.

:goonthink: "This post on a recent controversy was missing something so I decided to include this still featuring the heroine of Doki Doki Maid Panties Panic."

Baloo, worst commenter on isteve by far, worse than whiskey. Every contribution of his is a link to his own blog.

#19 Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Counter-Genocide Covfefe

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Bravo, Jim, please enlighten me darkly:

Posted Image

#20 Bumbling American

Bumbling American

Performing Flea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17767 posts
  • LocationPottersville
  • How did you find MPC:Wished I had never been born

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Instead of Humbert Humbert, we get Mangan Mangan

MPC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.