You are viewing selected threads from MPC's private subforums. To access more, register with MPC for full access. To access less, continue supporting Google, PayPal, and GoDaddy, the official corporate censors of the Internet.

* * * * - 8 votes

A compendium of media inanities
NewsThatNeverHappened.txt

media millennials shitthatneverhappened shit that never happened

• Please log in to reply
1057 replies to this topic

#681 Malthusian Daydream

Malthusian Daydream

26th generation Black Plague survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1403 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Yellow Pages
  • Have you experienced sex?:No
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Unanswered

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostTesticules, on 18 April 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

(Fact check: exact quote was "Christ is King")

On All Things Considered they announced this as "an almost certainly random shooting"...two seconds later, clip of cop saying "he posted on social media that he hated whites, all victims were white".

#682 Harry Dexter Whyte

Harry Dexter Whyte

Posting Associate Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • How did you find MPC:dead gay uncle
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, procured waifu
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Yes

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

A racially and religiously motivated mass shooting has just occurred you say? Well that seems like pretty big news. Why, I think I'll head on over to America's newspaper of record the New York Times to get the inside scoop...
http://archive.is/5yTkc

Would you look at that? They aren't covering it. I suppose we'll have to wait for tomorrows rash of Op-Eds warning about the DANGERS OF STEREOTYPING MUSLIMS/BLACKS to get the ideologically correct version of the story.

#683 Harry Dexter Whyte

Harry Dexter Whyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • How did you find MPC:dead gay uncle

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

And while I'm on the site I noticed this unintentionally comical Op-Ed, "What Happens When Women Legislate". Apparently, exactly you'd expect:

Cheaper tampons. Office breaks to pump breast milk. No co-pay on birth control. These are not the talking points of a ladies’ happy hour. They are among the State Senate and Assembly bills being considered in the Nevada Legislature.
Among other ideas - no sales tax on store bought ice cream, zoomba classes to be covered by medicare.

Not only were the bills designed solely with women in mind, they each were sponsored by a female lawmaker.
You don't say?

The state legislature is a testimony to what many who study gender inequity in politics theorize to be true: Increased gender representation directly translates into better consideration of women in the drafting of law and policy.
Better consideration of women? Interesting. I suppose it's a good term. Whether they are doing what's best for women is a more complicated question. But they are being considerate - making sure women get some good perks. Sure we'll create an unsafe, uncertain economic and social environment for you and your children but at least your tampons will be cheaper.

But in celebration of Women’s History Month in March, the women of the Nevada Legislature used the session to highlight issues like the gender wage gap, family-friendly work policies and the “pink tax,” or the extra amount women are charged for items like feminine hygiene products — issues male politicians haven’t historically prioritized.
Petty isn't the right word for it, because this "pink tax" - or rather the cost of the goods they consume - matters to most women. It's more that it's got nothing to do with the government. It's not like male lawmakers have been forcing Dove to charge more for their products. They are just showing consideration. There's nothing they can do about it really, but I guess complaining loudly in a public forum is a victory in and of itself.

Studies also show that although female politicians have a wide range of positions, they often are more compassionate, better at working across the aisle and more willing to compromise, qualities intricately bound in successful policymaking.
Men and women are different, but only when we say they are (otherwise they are the same) - typical stuff. I do think it'd be interesting to see a state legislature with a female majority. I can only imagine how much compromising we'd see.

An increased presence of women in elected offices will not only advance gender equity, it will subsequently help men, because women lawmakers are proving to be, across all the issues — women’s or not — more productive lawmakers.
Well I'm glad to know that us men won't be left behind. Maybe they can cut condom prices too. What I really want is just more consideration.

#684 Quads: Louise Mensch's Nuclear Codes

Quads: Louise Mensch's Nuclear Codes

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostHarry Dexter Whyte, on 18 April 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Studies also show that although female politicians have a wide range of positions, they often are more compassionate, better at working across the aisle and more willing to compromise, qualities intricately bound in successful policymaking.

A big part of the lie is the framing. Could just as easily write: "Female politicians are more emotional, less principled, and more likely to sacrifice political concerns." I guess that wouldn't be "intricately bound" (?) (???) enough.

#685 power juice

power juice

street-fighting volcel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1040 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

View PostRight Wing Death Quads, on 18 April 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

View PostHarry Dexter Whyte, on 18 April 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

A big part of the lie is the framing. Could just as easily write: "Female politicians are more emotional, less principled, and more likely to sacrifice political concerns." I guess that wouldn't be "intricately bound" (?) (???) enough.

ljl at this basic Cawlege Lit 101 filler writing. :chimp: the compassitude of the female race, whomst were created by God's own venereal hand, is intricately bound within the confines of their own vis-a-vis qualities, eck cetera

#686 Kneel Before ZOG: handcrafted artisanal genocide

Kneel Before ZOG: handcrafted artisanal genocide

Serious Internet Businessman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1006 posts
  • LocationImprisoned in the Friend Zone
  • How did you find MPC:Udolpho (via Sailer)
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, in anime relationship (2-D)

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:07 AM

View PostTesticules, on 18 April 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

(Fact check: exact quote was "Christ is King")

Hmm, he has potential, but I don't think he's going to be able to displace Marcus Wesson as our most notorious nog.

#687 Cuban Superman

Cuban Superman

Computer Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Unanswered
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, grabbed pussy
  • Have you ever not been in a street fight?:Personal fantasy

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

Do twitter comments count as media? If they do, can someone post the inane twitter remarks made by celebrities? I just read something by former hottie Alyssa Milano in the Trump thread and it reminded me of all the retarded sh!t celebs say. Part of the battle of taking the media back is shining an light on the retarded views of celebs and getting normies to mock celeb opinion. Let it be known that  I hate how twitter seems to be just another attention stream for said celebs. I also hate the 'submit' button used on many sites. It's eerie, mang.

#688 Saucer Lord

Saucer Lord

Forums Expert (less time for golf)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8872 posts
  • LocationTop secret Lunar Base
  • How did you find MPC:Consulted translation of Voynich manuscript
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

A trickle-down media whore:

Posted Image

Sigh

#689 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

im 45 and <3 booze

• Administrators
  • 33994 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

she looks old and worn out enough to be at coachella

#690 RBS: Russian Fake News Cybersoldier

RBS: Russian Fake News Cybersoldier

Anime Hive Mind Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Google searched NIGGERDEATH

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

:jewfear:

#691 Maximus Meridius Demidius

Maximus Meridius Demidius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1157 posts
  • LocationThe City of Lovely Brothers
  • How did you find MPC:Via fatty pickup cheatcode guide, Heartiste
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, with a fatty

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

View PostSaucer Lord, on 20 April 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

A trickle-down media whore:

Where does one get such a ten gallon thong?

#692 Saucer Lord

Saucer Lord

Forums Expert (less time for golf)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8872 posts
  • LocationTop secret Lunar Base
  • How did you find MPC:Consulted translation of Voynich manuscript

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

So, not long ago a poll was released of which brands teens were aware of and thought were cool, from data gathered by Google.

Teens think Axe body spray is cooler than ESPN, McDonald’s or Vice

You want more cool? Axe Body Spray is cooler than Sunglass Hut. Sunglass Hut is cooler than JC Penney. JC Penney is just a hair cooler than Red Bull (ouch). Every single company is cooler than gonzo journalism outlet Vice (double ouch), with one exception: the Wall Street Journal, which teens rated the least-cool brand of all.

Some Vice contributors decided the children are not our future after all. Watch these ironybro types, including everyone's favorite over-privileged duck-lipped tankie son of a bitch Sam Kriss, get butt-blasted about these results.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#693 jolly_cynic

jolly_cynic

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Saw a reference to it on rvf.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

LOL at getting triggered by teens.

But it also gives a tiny ray of hope about the next generation.

#694 edub1321

edub1321

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Reading Leviticus 18:22
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, gay sex

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:23 AM

http://imgur.com/a/wBJvB

Edit: Shoot. I can't get that to embed.

Edited by edub1321, 05 May 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#695 Earf Worm Jim

Earf Worm Jim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • How did you find MPC:Twitter
  • Have you experienced sex?:Only condoms or female anus

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

I remember when Vice first came out as a free magazine that you would pick up in trendy clothing stores and record shops (that was back when articles were jokes about getting a drunken handjob, now they're about the feminist way to receive a drunken handjob). All my hipster friends would read it and everyone would talk about how awful it was, how it was for hipster douchebags. But everyone still read it. I wonder if people still have that mentality, what their online traffic is, or if there's been a real generation switch.
Old Vice really felt like Opie and Anthony humor for cool kids. I think their brand was really hurt not just by the gradual slip into sjw silliness, but by the increase of access to the internet; it's really not that hard to be "cool" now, you can find the right clothes online in 5 seconds, you can find the right music on spotify, and you can find vice on your facebook feed, you don't have to know which cool shops stock their magazine.
Access is so easy (all you need is the right income level) that hipster culture has completely lost its meaning, whereas places like /pol are still intimidating to outsiders still have their own customs and language known to the ingroup, maybe more and more cool kids are flocking to those things to feel different and better than normies.

#696 Resident Autistic Fact Checker

Resident Autistic Fact Checker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • Locationartisanal shed in [redacted]
  • Have you experienced sex?:Yes, raped by Bill Cosby

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostEarf Worm Jim, on 05 May 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

I remember when Vice first came out as a free magazine that you would pick up in trendy clothing stores and record shops (that was back when articles were jokes about getting a drunken handjob, now they're about the feminist way to receive a drunken handjob).
. . .

The does and don'ts used to be at least mildly entertaining. Are they even edgy anymore? Like all liberal comedy I think PC has killed it dead.

I think hipsterism went too mainstream, it is now funny to openly mock it.

#697 Maximus Meridius Demidius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1157 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostEarf Worm Jim, on 05 May 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

I remember when Vice first came out as a free magazine that you would pick up in trendy clothing stores and record shops (that was back when articles were jokes about getting a drunken handjob, now they're about the feminist way to receive a drunken handjob). All my hipster friends would read it and everyone would talk about how awful it was, how it was for hipster douchebags. But everyone still read it. I wonder if people still have that mentality, what their online traffic is, or if there's been a real generation switch.
Old Vice really felt like Opie and Anthony humor for cool kids. I think their brand was really hurt not just by the gradual slip into sjw silliness, but by the increase of access to the internet; it's really not that hard to be "cool" now, you can find the right clothes online in 5 seconds, you can find the right music on spotify, and you can find vice on your facebook feed, you don't have to know which cool shops stock their magazine.
Access is so easy (all you need is the right income level) that hipster culture has completely lost its meaning, whereas places like /pol are still intimidating to outsiders still have their own customs and language known to the ingroup, maybe more and more cool kids are flocking to those things to feel different and better than normies.

Is there even a printed magazine anymore? I think Vice's biggest problem is that it's not any more shitlibby or edgy than a million other internet/tv outlets, and so the brand utterly fails to distinguish itself - precious left wing sjw pieties, but now you can see the fat degenerates who want to convince you that your girlfriend begging you with a strapon is just the best thing going. McAnus took the A&E/Disney money and turned conservadad, and people are still blaming Vice for McAnus' current shenanigans somehow which is kind of funny.

It's amazing that they used to publish Jim Goad, who deserves a lot more credit than he gets for the current political situation/opportunities on the right.

#698 PLEASUREMAN

PLEASUREMAN

im 45 and <3 booze

• Administrators
  • 33994 posts
  • How did you find MPC:I created it

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Wapo's gold star reporting:

The misstatements in testimony aren’t the first time Comey has overstated a key fact in a high-profile probe.

A year ago, while speaking at a security forum in London, the director miscalculated the price the FBI had paid for a technique to crack into a locked iPhone belonging to one of the dead suspects in a terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif.

At the event, he said the cost of the phone hacking tool was “more than I will make in the remainder of this job, which is seven years and four months, for sure.’’ Based on Comey’s salary, his comment strongly implied the bureau paid at least $1.3 million to get into the phone, which belonged to Syed Rizwan Farook. Farook and his wife killed 14 people during a December 2015 terrorist attack.

People close to that case said the FBI actually paid about $900,000.

:lolnig:

countdown for Wapo to replace its articles with quotes of Republicans followed with the :hurr: emoticon

https://www.washingt...m=.3ebe4e3dd595

#699 Maximus Meridius Demidius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1157 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

Comey is a great example of an inside the beltway clever silly.

His ego wouldn't let him keep it simple - he was the one man for this great moment in history - and instead he had to play odes to his intelligence and moral rectitude which left him way out over his skis and exposed his manifold shortcomings.

#700 Quads: Louise Mensch's Nuclear Codes

Quads: Louise Mensch's Nuclear Codes

Forums Account Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: media, millennials, shitthatneverhappened, shit, that, never, happened

MPC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.